Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it worth to try to ask Tesla to sort rattles as warranty!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

yessuz

Dec 30, 2021
Midlands
My car wen to tesla for service and either I am becoming mental either it developed rattle on the passenger rear side.

Can be heard only if I drive over bumps and other uneven surfaces.

Would Tesla be willing to sort it as the Warranty issue!? Is it sortable at all?

How many miles? The "rattle" warranty is something like 10k miles? I forget, as it's not well documented. In my experience, it'd be easier to just sort it yourself. But, it's your expensive vehicle, nothing wrong with expecting Tesla to make it right.

My car wen to tesla for service and either I am becoming mental either it developed rattle on the passenger rear side.

Can be heard only if I drive over bumps and other uneven surfaces.

Would Tesla be willing to sort it as the Warranty issue!? Is it sortable at all?
This happens to almost all Teslas after time. They are poorly assembled.

You probably won’t have much luck with a warranty claim on standard rattles that are not caused by a defective part.

I complained about rattles on our Model 3 (made in China) and the Service Centre got rid of a lot of them. They replaced a couple of door panels and checked other known areas. Not perfect, but now just about acceptable. If you don't ask, they won't try. Nor will they know they have dissatisfied customers.

Sounds like have the same possible rattle/squeak as you! It’s more of a squeak when going over bumps I think it is something to do with the rear seat release lever. If I pull and leave the rear seat down it’s stops. But I’ve not been able locate the exact location, has anyone else had a problem?

Sounds like have the same possible rattle/squeak as you! It’s more of a squeak when going over bumps I think it is something to do with the rear seat release lever. If I pull and leave the rear seat down it’s stops. But I’ve not been able locate the exact location, has anyone else had a problem?
There have been posts in the past that look similar to your problem. Some people had issues with the rear seat squab either not being fully clipped into place or the side of it rubbing.

Tesla will look at it if you document it. If their repair fixes it is doubtful. With my M3LR they "applied rattle-prevention measures" (their actual words) to two doors but this did nothing.

I ended up identifying that the rattle comes from where the plastic of the doorcards touches the metal of the actual door. I purchased a thin, sticky felt sheet from Amazon and stuck 2cm strips on the metal with the fluffy side to the doorcard - that fixed it.

Other rattles came from the rear seat backrest release leavers which also got the felt-sheet treatment.

Now it's nice and quiet with the occasional exception of the window rubbing on the seal (despite Gummipflege treatment)

This!!! It looks like the sound comes from rear passenger side seat... Need to check with someone there while driving that they could catch that... But in my case it's more like rattle, like some wire or something hitting plastic

I think it depends on how old the car is. I’m going through this on a 2 month old MY, they’ve agreed to replace the drivers seat and are looking at a roof creak. If the car was 2 years old I imagine they’d be less inclined to help.

I have a rattle, which sounded like the passenger front door is about to fall off, but fastening the seat belt the rattle stops. If the seat belt is twisted it doesn't rattle, it is hitting the seat. Only started after my Girlfriend got in it and she was the first person to sit in that seat.

Its likely the two seats rubbing together down the joint between them, as a test put some thickish polythene bag between the seat joint and see if the noise disappears. There are a couple of threads of how to cure this.