Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it OK to install an aftermarket spoiler on MY LR after PPF serice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After getting MY LR a few days ago, it went directly to the shop for PPF coating. Now, I am considering getting an aftermarket spoiler to install on MY.

- Can the spoiler be stuck/installed on top of PPF coated surface?
- Even if it sticks, will it come off over the period of time (sooner} as PPF wears out someday?

Any thoughts? Thanks.

I have a larger than oem lip spoiler installed over ppf. Make sure to use good vhb tape. I tossed the roll that came with the spoiler and used 3m instead.
Most aftermarket spoilers come with dbl sided glue tape already attached (other than the 1" end on both sides), so where do you use 3m tape? Just wondering since this would be my first try.

Most aftermarket spoilers come with dbl sided glue tape already attached (other than the 1" end on both sides), so where do you use 3m tape? Just wondering since this would be my first try.
Mine didn’t have any tape applied, just a roll in the box for you to apply. You could use a heat gun to warm up the existing tape and pull it off the spoiler.

Mine didn’t have any tape applied, just a roll in the box for you to apply. You could use a heat gun to warm up the existing tape and pull it off the spoiler.
Mine from EVBase already comes with the tape. Unfortunately, it's not 3M tape, so hoping it will stick [longer term]. Not arrived yet, it's stuck/lost in a UPS shipment somewhere in the middle at the moment. 🙁

Mine from EVBase already comes with the tape. Unfortunately, it's not 3M tape, so hoping it will stick [longer term]. Not arrived yet, it's stuck/lost in a UPS shipment somewhere in the middle at the moment. 🙁
How is that EVbsae spoiler holding up. The carbon one seems to be the best deal right now at $200 shipped but wondering if its worth paying $50 more for one with better tape...

Yes, it will work on PPF for a spoiler.
We have the spoiler in our US warehouse and free shipping in 5-7 business days. which is a real carbon fiber spoiler, improves performance and aesthetics.