Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it known that Tesla will release a winter wheel package?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to get a winter wheel package, and in my bored moments, I started shopping around. The choices are pretty limited.

I keep hearing that Tesla might come out with something. Is this true? Are they going to come out with some kind of wheel/tire package? If so, are they just the stock wheels with a winter tire on them? Is it usually a better option? Cheaper? More expensive?

I don't have any inside information, but if you look in the online store, they have winter tire packages listed for the other three models: 19" wheels, Pirelli tires, $2,500-$4,000 for the set. Looks like it's the regular 19" wheels, but I could be wrong.

Last year we had a surprise storm on Halloween with 4-5 inches of snow, so I want to be ready this year just in case, it is 2020 after all so I feel like anything is possible this year. :(

I have the PUP with the 21 uber and summer performance tires so I have to get something for this upcoming winter. I have been watching what Tesla was offering and it was looking like $3500 or so for something and then I'm not sure if I will like their tire offering. And with not many options right now, yesterday I decided to bite the bullet and buy something now to avoid the rush later on.

So I ordered rims from Martian (19 x 8.5) and will get tires (Michelin X-Ice Snow 255/45R19) later from TireRack once my rims are closer to being delivered, since those wheels are mid-October time frame to get right now, and that is for a standard offering, nothing custom.

Going to be $4k or so once all said and done. Tesla spec is 129 ft-lb torque on their lug nuts so I bought a new torque wrench since mine is only good to 100. And have to buy 4 TPMS too and get them mounted and balanced somewhere. It adds up quickly... :eek:

Last year we had a surprise storm on Halloween with 4-5 inches of snow, so I want to be ready this year just in case, it is 2020 after all so I feel like anything is possible this year. :(

I have the PUP with the 21 uber and summer performance tires so I have to get something for this upcoming winter. I have been watching what Tesla was offering and it was looking like $3500 or so for something and then I'm not sure if I will like their tire offering. And with not many options right now, yesterday I decided to bite the bullet and buy something now to avoid the rush later on.

So I ordered rims from Martian (19 x 8.5) and will get tires (Michelin X-Ice Snow 255/45R19) later from TireRack once my rims are closer to being delivered, since those wheels are mid-October time frame to get right now, and that is for a standard offering, nothing custom.

Going to be $4k or so once all said and done. Tesla spec is 129 ft-lb torque on their lug nuts so I bought a new torque wrench since mine is only good to 100. And have to buy 4 TPMS too and get them mounted and balanced somewhere. It adds up quickly... :eek:

Yeah, I'm considering just getting something from @Tsportline that comes with the X-Ice Snow and the TPMS all setup, so I can just swap the wheels out in the garage. Luckily where I live, it's about 55 - 75 degrees all winter, so I won't be forced into it (though I won't be able to take trips up to visit the snow).

I pulled the trigger on a set from Tsportline
upload_2020-9-17_12-15-3.png

Space Gray with 19" Sottozero3's (my MY has a roof rack, but otherwise looks the same)
I asked TireRack several time if they were going to be offering wheels but they could not even give me a date.

I pulled the trigger on a set from Tsportline
Space Gray with 19" Sottozero3's (my MY has a roof rack, but otherwise looks the same)
I asked TireRack several time if they were going to be offering wheels but they could not even give me a date.

Wow, the car should have come like that from the factory. That looks really nice, much better than the Induction wheels, IMO.

Tesla has updated the online Electronic Parts Catalog to include winter tires sized for the 19” and 20” wheels. Based on this, I’ll speculate that they’re getting ready to offer winter tire packages for both the Apollo (w/ Gemini cap) and Induction wheels.

CBE45EDC-1A15-4822-BC43-B81C47986157.jpeg

Reactions: noshadow