Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is EVAnnex CCI best center console?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. Could you expand on what you mean by "fits an ipad mini". From the picture, it looks like the ipad is sitting on top of the console.
I have the CCI from EVAnnex. I think the build quality is just fine, in fact I like it alot, and it's removable. It fits securely in place, and the finish matches the interior CF in my car. I've since routed both charging cables inthe holder, but it's angle is crap, so difficult to access. I just store my fasttrack pass there for when i need to pull it out. I don't have the cubby cover because i bought my CCI before it came out, but plan to check with EVAnnex and order it soon.

While i love the CCI, I would be willing to trade for a next gen version if:
- The storage was wider/deeper, perhaps angled slider door or folding hinges.
- Match the drawer pull to the Tesla surround color better

Added benefits:
- Fits an iPad mini quite nicely
- Plenty of "hidden" storage under the fixed cup holder
- A good shelf to put things on.
- Removable (I don't use them) rubber cup holder inserts for "tight" fit.

I can take some more pictures if needed. Also, I just installed my Abstract Ocean trunk cover lift kit.

The CCI doesn't look cheap, I haven't had anyone yet think it was anything but OEM.
Now, I have very very early production run version of the CCI (probably one of the first 20-25 made) and I have a few issues with it. The sliding closure slides too easily and really needs either some friction in the glide slots or a magnet to hold it closed as braking alone will allow it to slide open. The cup holder would sometimes come out with my cup. I eventually put some gaffers tape around the cup holder and the increased friction keeps it in. And my sides are not glued on as well as they should be, the whole piece feels a bit loose when I take it out. That said, I've had it since 2013 and find that it works great in day to day use. The ability to customize to match your interior should not be underestimated.

I, like you, had one of the early production runs of the CCI. I e-mailed them and asked if there was a way to make the door stay shut better among other things. Even though my unit was over 2 1/2 years old they said I could send it back and they would make repairs on it. They complete refurbished it with a new magnetic door, new non-slip coating on the bottom and new two-piece rubber cup holder...all at no cost (except for me paying for return shipping). Although the Tesla one might offer more room, the EVAnnex people have excellent customer service.

I, like you, had one of the early production runs of the CCI. I e-mailed them and asked if there was a way to make the door stay shut better among other things. Even though my unit was over 2 1/2 years old they said I could send it back and they would make repairs on it. They complete refurbished it with a new magnetic door, new non-slip coating on the bottom and new two-piece rubber cup holder...all at no cost (except for me paying for return shipping). Although the Tesla one might offer more room, the EVAnnex people have excellent customer service.

I had not thought to contact them...Maybe I will do that as I would like it improved. Thanks for that tip and it certainly adds another "plus" to the CCI.

Yeah AR BUT you had to leverage "high level" pull to get one that matched your interior. Everyone else gets black leather/piano black.

I don't have "high level pull" with Tesla, far from it. I just got lucky because I was early on the CF wait list, that's all. I did send an email to Elon bitching about the situation along with a few well-chosen expletives, but I doubt that got me any brownie points. The Piano Black actually looks pretty good in a variety of different interiors.

The CCI seems to have lots of wasted space, IMO. I like my tesla version.
I agree, from that picture the CCI looks like it offers almost no storage space. By comparison the Tesla console has a huge amount of space - the interior space is about 6" wide and 7" deep and runs forward deep under the cubby shelf below the 17" display - i.e. floor of the Tesla console is the original yacht floor. There's even still a bit of hidden space towards the rear under the flip-open phone charging compartment. Though I haven't seen the CCI in person, I like my Tesla console, it really finishes the car's interior well as well as offering practical storage space.

I have CCI #14. I do like it. Like Evan, 3 years has gone by and it held up well, with the cup holder coming out occasionally and the door losing a bit of its friction. That said, it is the only option that I have seen that matches my car and meets my needs. To the earlier point, most people think it is OEM.

For a few years the Evannex CCI was the only quality choice. It was very well made. I had one from almost the beginning before I got the Tesla model. My only gripe was the small size of the storage space. Of course I modded mine right away with carbon fiber wrap (this before Evannex had a carbon fiber option).

DSC_3267.JPG

DSC_3268.JPG

The EVAnnex CCI has an added advantage over the Tesla console: you can easily remove it, contents and all! This comes in handy if your car has to stay a few hours / days at a service center and you have another Model S loaner, or if you're using a public parking spot and don't want your valuables (or the idea that you may have valuables in there) in the car. Simply take it out with all your stuff in it and take it inside or to the loaner car and you're done!

I haven't actually seen any of the center consoles in the real world, but I have done a fair bit of research. I've found 5 brands of consoles: Tesla, Evannex, D Caroll, Avantelle, and Tesla&More. None of them stand out to me as the perfect console and I'm still not sure which one I'm going to go with, but I probably have a while to think about it. Here are my thoughts thus far...

Tesla - This one is pretty good for privacy with the doors that slide shut. It looks like there is only one extra cup holder, but there is a port for your cell phone to plug in and it looks like it extends beck further than most of the competition. Unfortunately it looks like this can only be installed by Tesla and it doesn't come out easily. If you don't like it, it would be tougher to take out.

Evannex - These guys are the biggest competition to the Tesla OEM console. The base model has one external cup holder with the option of a second one, but it looks like the second cupholder takes up most of the inner compartment. This one also has a powered slot for cell phones. It looks like this one has a little less total capacity than the Tesla console.

Aventelle - The cup holders on this one looks pretty good. They are side by side instead of one in front of the other like the Evannex. It looks like it slopes down about the same place as the Evannex, but it has nothing to retain a cell phone, they just sit on the back slope of the unit. I think the storage space is a bit better than the Evannex, but maybe less than the Tesla console. They also have a back seat console that sits on the floor under the vents in the center. The rear set unit takes up the foot room for the center passenger, but looks like a nice unit for the back seat.

D Caroll - These are only sold on Ebay and are made of wood. It doesn't have any covered storage, but it does have a lot of slots for a lot of things including coins, sun glasses, and 4 cup holders. I would prefer some kind of cover, but it has lots of slots for things. My current car has coin slots and that's been handy over the years.

Tesla&More - This is just an insert that divides up the center area into smaller areas. It's a very basic console and you may not even call it a console.

If I had to buy today, I'm still not sure which I'd go for. Probably the Tesla, Evannex, or Aventelle, all three have pluses and minuses.

I haven't actually seen any of the center consoles in the real world, but I have done a fair bit of research. I've found 5 brands of consoles: Tesla, Evannex, D Caroll, Avantelle, and Tesla&More. None of them stand out to me as the perfect console and I'm still not sure which one I'm going to go with, but I probably have a while to think about it. Here are my thoughts thus far...

Tesla - This one is pretty good for privacy with the doors that slide shut. It looks like there is only one extra cup holder, but there is a port for your cell phone to plug in and it looks like it extends beck further than most of the competition. Unfortunately it looks like this can only be installed by Tesla and it doesn't come out easily. If you don't like it, it would be tougher to take out.

It has two cup holders, but you can remove either or both of them. They're very flexible. Based on the Evannex photos I've seen, and those of the other consoles, I'm really happy with my decision to go with the Tesla center console. I can't believe it's not standard, actually. Kind of frustrating, that.

It has two cup holders, but you can remove either or both of them. They're very flexible. Based on the Evannex photos I've seen, and those of the other consoles, I'm really happy with my decision to go with the Tesla center console. I can't believe it's not standard, actually. Kind of frustrating, that.

If you don't care that the Tesla one won't match your tan nexgen leather and mat obeche wood trim I agree it has more storage. For me the Evannex one has enough room to hold 2 pairs of sunglasses, wallet and still be only half full. Agree the cell phone slot is in an odd place at an odd angle.

If I could design one myself it would be nearly the same as the Tesla one, only about half the height. I love the movable dividers, and the fact that it wastes a LOT less space than most. I would even go so far as to make the whole thing dividers, removing the cell phone area, and replace that with a divider that is made to hold the cell phone at the same angle.

If you don't care that the Tesla one won't match your tan nexgen leather and mat obeche wood trim I agree it has more storage. For me the Evannex one has enough room to hold 2 pairs of sunglasses, wallet and still be only half full. Agree the cell phone slot is in an odd place at an odd angle.
I mean, only sort of? The door that covers the cell phone dock is piano black, yes, but it's open for me 100% of the time. The black leather is even less of a concern, mostly because 1) it's on the floor where I have black carpet, and 2) the rest of the interior uses black as a contrast color, including dash, headliner, back of seats, door panels, etc, so it doesn't feel out of place at all. To each their own, but it doesn't even hit my radar as something that stands out.

I just ordered my first Tesla and I'm really excited (CPO 60 for $50k), and now looking into center console options for additional storage. I'm sure this has been posted before, but I'm kind of new around here so forgive me if I'm bringing up an old topic. If anyone can point me to older threads I'm happy to peruse those too, but generally it seems like the EVAnnex CCI is the best center console based on numerous reviews I've read, in terms of appropriate cost, quality, functionality, etc. Are there any other alternatives that are worth considering or should I just go with the CCI? (Seems like the consensus that Tesla's OEM version is overpriced and low quality.) Thanks!

I saw both and opted for the Tesla version. I recommend that you look on TCM for a group in your area and post there asking who has CCI and who has Tesla console and arrange to see them.

Tesla offers more storage space, even with cup holder in place and a larger sliding cover to allow hand access to the storage.
I like the black sides better than tan that would have matched my upholstery (although one could order black CCI and install in a tan upholstery car)
Piano black cover for the cell phone compartment is inconspicuous when closed and invisible when open, so lack of matching trim didn't matter to me.
The iPhone charger mount is handy, although I had to modify it to work with my thin iPhone case; took 15 minutes with an Exacto knife and a toothpick.

EV Annex has the advantage of being easily removable in the event that you occasionally prefer to have the stock stowage bin for a large handbag or such.
EVAnnex does not require Service Center install, a minor thing, since that is included in the price anyway and can be done for you before delivery.
EVAnnex can match the upholstery color and whatever dashboard trim you choose.
If you get EVAnnex CCI you can also buy a little door for the cubby space just under the center display for $100 or so.