Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is $750 CA Clean Fuel Reward Instant Credit Gone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This does not show up on my order price list anymore recently.
Is this gone? I have been waiting for a year for my car. Now I have to pay $750 more. This is suck.
I asked my SA about this exact issue.

Their response: “This will not be listed on your account or contract until you are scheduled for delivery and that delivery falls before 9/1/2022. On 9/1/2022, the California Clean Fuel Reward expires.”

It says it’s temporary. We’ll see.
Thanks. Somehow I missed the top headline when checking the site earlier.
Looks like it might be gone for good then. Too bad I probably won't get the car until September. What a timing.

In the past this California Clean Air Rebate was issued after you purchased your qualifying EV. This program is funded by the State of California and not the Federal Government, it has nothing to do with the newest EV Federal Credit. The funds get distributed from an account that gets funded by the Calif legislators when it is exhausted your placed on a pending list in the order they received your application. This was my experience for the last two Tesla's I have purchased. So I think it is safe to assume the funds have ran out and you now have to wait for it to be funded on the next budget approved by the state. I hope this helps you understand this rebate. Good Luck

Reactions: theocguy