Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Iowa deliveries (buying process)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's the latest on where you need to pick up a new Tesla? I saw a reddit post a year or two ago that they are (allegedly) delivering to Des Moines as long as you have your trade-in paperwork completed/exchanged and aren't doing Tesla financing. Is this the case or do we still have to drive to Chicago/Minneapolis/Madison?

Yes they are delivering to Urbandale SC with the conditions you noted above. Payment needs to be finalized (non-Tesla financing as noted) either through the app, wiring funds, or mailing the check to KC service center prior to the vehicle being transported from KC to Urbandale. I have a Cybertruck coming this week from KC and needed to have everything finalized prior to them shipping. I didn't have a trade-in so it was less problematic for me. If I had a trade I'd likely drive to KC as I'm leery about signing over a title and dropping it in the mail but that's just me. Good luck!

Reactions: 12B4A
FWIW, they have an SG/white M3P at Urbandale (no test drives). I have one on order but I went in to test drive the highland since it's pretty much the same car but with a little less right foot fun. I sat in the M3P seats after the LR test drive and the difference is stark. They are more comfortable and will definitely keep your ass in one place. The white pops especially with the black piping. I prefer the black interior but can understand why anyone would go with the white.

Edit: saw a black wrapped CT heading east on I-80 on my way there. Made me grin.

IMG_2514.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Dayreg