Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Invitation to configure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received my invitation this morning (live in Ohio). I am a Model S owner (purchased September 2016) and made my Model 3 reservation on 4/1. I initially planned to trade in the S on the 3, but now I'm not sure. I'm at least going to wait until the AWD version of the 3 comes out before making a final decision. I love the larger size and premium features of the S but the 320-330 mile range of the 3 (in AWD) is enticing as well. Still don't know which way I'll go.

There are at least 4 in Austin. There is RiggerJon's white one that is in South Austin, there is a blue one up near Round Rock, a silver one with aero wheels that I saw once on Hwy 71 going into the tax office, and I just saw a midnight silver at Petsmart in Bee Caves on Saturday. After seeing it I think I am going to switch my color choice from Midnight Silver to silver or blue. I just didn't like it that much. Probably because it was dirty but my wife's van is silver and to me it doesn't ever look that dirty so I am probably going to play it safe and go with silver.
RiggerJon is an employee, right? I saw someone on Twitter take delivery last week, but her brother was a res holder in CA and had it shipped here. Nevertheless, it seems possible that at least a couple have made their way here.

No delivery have been reported to the spreadsheet. One of the sales assoc. I talked to at the Houston Galleria this afternoon came in from Austin to help with the model 3 showing. He reported a few Model 3 deliveries in Austin but didn't have any specific number.
I wonder if it's the same one I talked to that claimed that they in Austin had a non-owner (non-employee) get a delivery already?

At that point I'd said I was a non-owner but I hadn't mentioned that I had a reservation. I wonder if there is a talking point to try build reservations to get people in the system? Or he's just a scrub that doesn't know what's up? *shrug* Either way I moved on from talking to him shortly after that. Didn't have a lot of confidence in whatever he had to say.

Last edited:
There are at least 4 in Austin. There is RiggerJon's white one that is in South Austin, there is a blue one up near Round Rock, a silver one with aero wheels that I saw once on Hwy 71 going into the tax office, and I just saw a midnight silver at Petsmart in Bee Caves on Saturday. After seeing it I think I am going to switch my color choice from Midnight Silver to silver or blue. I just didn't like it that much. Probably because it was dirty but my wife's van is silver and to me it doesn't ever look that dirty so I am probably going to play it safe and go with silver.
I just found the Midnight Silver so bland in person. Not offensive in any way, just "meh". It was on showroom floor, so not a dirt issue. Probably doesn't help that wife has had Camry in pretty close to that colour for years.

RiggerJon is an employee, right? I saw someone on Twitter take delivery last week, but her brother was a res holder in CA and had it shipped here. Nevertheless, it seems possible that at least a couple have made their way here.

I believe he is family of an employee. I also think the silver and blue ones are employee owned too because of when I saw them. The midnight silver I have no idea. I should have asked the lady who was driving it because she came out right after I got done looking inside but my wife would have probably socked me in the gut because she was fairly attractive.