Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Instrument Panel Restarting After Car Was Parked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is new/changed behavior: After the car has been parked, the big center screen is on immediately, while the instrument panel is black. A few seconds later, I see the Tesla "T" logo on grey, before the panel shows.

It used to come-on immediately.

Why would this change? Is this a sign of trouble to come?

This is new/changed behavior: After the car has been parked, the big center screen is on immediately, while the instrument panel is black. A few seconds later, I see the Tesla "T" logo on grey, before the panel shows.

It used to come-on immediately.

Why would this change? Is this a sign of trouble to come?

I've noticed the change too. Perhaps, since it boots up very quickly, they made the change to help with vampire drain?

Mine does this from time to time, but always around same time of 11-11:30 pm. I was told there is a nightly restart of the screens if the car has been sitting. The MCU will do the same thing weekly at a different time, mine just happened to do it while I was pulling into the SC and they looked into it and said it was the scheduled restart.

Mine started restarting with the latest update (24.1), but only in the morning after ther car has being sitting overnight. It happens most mornings but not all mornings. I have energy saving set to off.