Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Instrument Cluster Display Laggy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had this problem with both screens since the day I got my car. The redraw on the navigation is the worst. I even went to the service center and they kind of ignored it saying it is probably caused by the memory stick I had plugged into the USB (my music). Of course even when I have nothing plugged in the USB ports it is slow, so it has nothing to do with that.
And same here with the scroll wheels often not reacting and then overshooting. I actually avoid using the thumb wheels most of the time because they are so annoying to use. I don't have the new higher resolution screen.

I just want to clarify from one of my earlier posts. Normally the instrument cluster is very responsive with no noticeable lag or stuttering, I have the hi-res display. Once in a while, it gets laggy/choppy, it behaves as if the GPU is overloaded and frame rates are dropping. A reboot of the instrument cluster fixes it for a few days.

This describes exactly what I experience as well (except I don't manually reboot - after getting out of the car and getting back in later it's back to normal again)

Have noticed lag on the small nav screen plenty of times.. Especially on redraws or turning.. Occasionally notice lag on the speedo#'s and Regen bars too, usually after car first starts up or when the nav is calculating a new route or reroute. I'm on the old display