Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Info on 2019 updated S 370/345 range, 200kw, active suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is showing on their website the ability to order the new 370 mile configuration MS now, so apparently it's available now.

They're also offering FREE Ludicrous upgrade for existing Tesla owners who buy new! I'm assuming you must order a Performance version to get the free Ludicrous upgrade. Of course, then it's not a 370-mile car :(

I must say I am surprised by the limited number of customizable options on the current online studio build out. No metallic black exterior color, no carbon fiber trim package, no panoramic moonroof option. Coupled with the incredible deal of free ludicrous for any previous owner. My gut is telling me that this is a half way point upgrade and they are setting the stage for a more significant upgrade in the near future. Thoughts?.....

Anyone have any timing info on deliveries of the 2019 refresh? Or test drives or other info?

The best info I’ve found is the good PR planted story with Motor Trend:
2019 Tesla Model S: 5 Important Updates You Should Know About - MotorTrend

Which has more info than the Tesla blog The Longest-Range Electric Vehicle Now Goes Even Farther

Just picked my 2019 LR S today in Phoenix. I had no prior notice since ordering it on 4/30 until yesterday when I got an email to pick it up today at 11a! A bit of a shock the way it happened but all seems quite well and is as advertised as far as I can tell.

Traded in my 2018 X 75D.

Yes suspension! That’s what I’ve been trying to figure out. I had a 2017 X 75D and the suspension was... fine. Amazing if the car was like 40 or 60k, but for the 100k or so it cost it was just fine. Is it a considerably smoother and more luxurious ride than the X or is it similar enough to not make a big impact.

I’ve got a new X on order so just tempering my expectations on that if needed lol

Yes suspension! That’s what I’ve been trying to figure out. I had a 2017 X 75D and the suspension was... fine. Amazing if the car was like 40 or 60k, but for the 100k or so it cost it was just fine. Is it a considerably smoother and more luxurious ride than the X or is it similar enough to not make a big impact.

I’ve got a new X on order so just tempering my expectations on that if needed lol

Well, when comparing the new ride to the old, I have to say the ride quality is significantly improved. I'm guessing you'll see the same thing too. Good luck.