Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Induction Wheel - Directional design

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't found another thread about this, but please point me to it if there is one.

I'm wondering why more people are not talking about the induction wheel design and the fact that they're directional. The driver/left side wheels are in the correct, aerodynamic direction. However the passenger/right side wheels are backwards with the flat part of the spokes leading. To me this is absurd. While aeordynamics are so important to Tesla, to the point that hub cap wheel covers are built for the gemini wheels, how can half the set of Induction wheels be neglected? I can't bring myself to running these wheels knowing half the car is backwards.

Can anyone please argue this or present other information to better inform me?

Thanks!

My old 90s fox body Cobra had specific left side/ right side wheels. Not mine pictured. But same wheels.

Attachments

• IMG_9378.jpeg
    IMG_9378.jpeg
    527.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_9377.jpeg
    IMG_9377.jpeg
    606.2 KB · Views: 53
I was wondering the same. Would love to see the induction wheels or any of the wheel covers put I a wind tunnel and tested! Somebody on here must have access to a wind tunnel? 🤣 Seriously, enough of the YouTubers “closed loop” tests and let’s see some actual data!

• Funny
Reactions: carlyb24