Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Importing Garmin Favorites into Navigation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I searched the forum without success for a way to directly import my Garmin GPS favorites into navigation to save doing it all manually ( big job).

I found a semi automatic way of doing this my using Google My Maps ( not just Google maps). After logging in with your Google acct it allows you to import the .gpx file from the Garmin unit into a new map and thus all your favorites are now in My Maps. I did this on my PC

I then opened My Maps on my iPad and sat in the car ( Model 3 LR in my case) that was connected to the same wifi as the iPad. My Maps allows for everything to be shown on the map plus a list. By clicking on a location on the map or an item on the list you simply highlight the gps coordinates and select ”share” with Tesla. Tesla navigation then shows the corresponding point. Sometimes Tesla knows the point ( such as a hotel etc ) but if it dosent and just shows the address I use the Tesla voice input to input the correct name and then click the add to favorites button.

I little tedious but saved me lots of time