Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm getting sick of the cold and it's only January

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well the OCD outweighed the common sense so I commenced my Chemical Guys EcoSmart-RU Waterless Wash & Wax routine to attack the salt. It took me 2 hours in very frigid conditions in my closed garage (probably 25 degrees). I needed to complete 4 passes to get through the salt coating to my accostomed shine and I used 22 microfiber towels (by reversing the towels and quartering the folds this is really 176 towel to paint refreshes to avoid contamination and possible swirls in the paint. This was a labor of love it's the only way to think about it).

Since I had no water because faucet lines are shut off to avoid pipe bursts, this means there was no way to attack the salt in the crevasses (of which on the X there are many lol). Tip I learned from prior cars:. Don't use a toothbrush to scour out the salt in the crevasses. You will leave micro scratches. The salt will dissolve with a massive flush of water once there is a true thaw for a proper wash down. Let the OCD go for now and be patient.

Then took her into the 10 degree driveway and opened all doors to get the sills etc. Winchill was zero. So that last long. Brought her back in and did the wheels.

She is spotless and shining except for the 20 or so crevasse salt invasions that must wait for the thaw. (Attached pic). Tomorrow I'll drive the frozen salt covered tundra and we can do it again. At least this time it will be a dry salt dust which is easier to wipe down and not the wet salt water blast spray. That happens Monday with the next storm system.

Its supposed to be 3 degrees here tonight with wind chill warnings on top of that into the double digit negatives. Stay warm my friends.

Attachments

• 20180106_185814.jpg
    20180106_185814.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 65