Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD moved forward (again) to Jan. 2 - Feb 28, 2023. Previously was late April to end of July. That's happened at least twice now. I feel like they're just tossing darts onto a multi-year calendar, and this is the result of the last game played. I just don't wish to take delivery on the coldest week in Chicago in January or try to approve a car with a ton of snow and ice all over it.

Not sure what to make of this given my Order Date is May 11th 2022, but my last EDD is now over 30 days old:
Aug 12th - Sep 9th
uU3m6UE.png

Up until this one popped in on July 2nd I was getting UPDATES every 2 to 3 weeks even if they made small changes.

All,

I got delivery of MYLR on Wednesday, everything went smooth and lot of deliveries that day approx -10. Its an Austin Build Model Y and one of the few that came to the Schaumburg delivery center. The Car came with the privacy shield in the Trunk, AMD Ryzen chip, Front Mud flaps, Rear door PPF and had the Continental Pro Contact RX tires on it. I did a 30 minute inspection and found few paint and PPF was not installed incorrectly (Bubbles) and the Frunk had an alignment issue. They took it in and came back in 10 mins and this is where they made few genuine mistakes... I did not realize the mistake till i went home...

The PPF and Paint buffing was handled very well. The alignment gap was within the standard as per the technician, so we took delivery and came home and as I was putting all the mats and accessories, I opened the Frunk to see a Drain Tray sitting and also did not realize they missed the frunk Plastic tray to cover all the filters. I took it back and they fixed it in 15 minutes and said it was an error the technician missed when they tried to fix the alignment.

I have driven 150 miles so far and man this is an amazing vehicle and still getting used to One pedal driving.. It took me 6 Months and 10 days for my car to be delivery with multiple EDD's... I was not expecting it till September and suddenly showed up. Good luck to all the folks. This forum was surely helpful

Reactions: Bikeman
They are, I had my SA confirm that, all I have left to do is get a Trade-In Offer, upload my insurance when I get a VIN and then schedule delivery. I can only go by what my SA says. Can you post up a screenshot of what a "properly completed" order looks like? Thanks
When you click "view" do all the tasks that are capable of being completed look complete. Which prior to vin are registration, trade and financing. each of those should be in a finished state regardless of your future intensions. Trade set to no or a trade offer. financing set to cash or an accepted loan. registration saying complete. nothing else can be done prior to vin

When you click "view" do all the tasks that are capable of being completed look complete. Which prior to vin are registration, trade and financing. each of those should be in a finished state regardless of your future intensions. Trade set to no or a trade offer. financing set to cash or an accepted loan. registration saying complete. nothing else can be done prior to vin
When you say all you have left to do is get trade offer I wonder if that is your incomplete one. If you're waiting for a vin, set it to no trade until you gat vin and then change it.

mine is the same way, my trade expired and the SA had me email updated odometer pictures and said it won’t show in the app until I get a VIN.
I had a similar situation and changed it on my own and told them I would get them the info after I got a vin because i was uncomfortable with my app saying please complete tasks to avoid delays. Even though the Sa's were telling me they were complete on their end, as we have seen in many instances, SA's often don't know what they are talking about. Very well could be true and no issues but if your having anything weird like just months for EDD when you ordered in may, I would be looking for reasons and making changes

I had a similar situation and changed it on my own and told them I would get them the info after I got a vin because i was uncomfortable with my app saying please complete tasks to avoid delays. Even though the Sa's were telling me they were complete on their end, as we have seen in many instances, SA's often don't know what they are talking about. Very well could be true and no issues but if your having anything weird like just months for EDD when you ordered in may, I would be looking for reasons and making changes
Yeah I don’t know if the SA even knows if it affects it or not. Mine was EDD Aug 6th -Aug 20th up until yesterday when it changed to Aug 16th-Aug 29th.

The problem is when my trade in expired it won’t just let me update it (it asks if there’s any damage and when I say no it asks for pictures of the damage). The only thing I can do is start over.

Oops I was confusing Tom with someone else that was asking about month only edd's, but still a month window is not ideal given TomServo's order date. Worth looking into to make sure everything is on par. especially since it says please complete your tasks. Does Tomservo have the same situation as you where his trade expired or is his set to not complete waiting to do it?

Yeah I don’t know if the SA even knows if it affects it or not. Mine was EDD Aug 6th -Aug 20th up until yesterday when it changed to Aug 16th-Aug 29th.

The problem is when my trade in expired it won’t just let me update it (it asks if there’s any damage and when I say no it asks for pictures of the damage). The only thing I can do is start over.
I think your probably good because they really do have your info. But might not be the case if someone never entered a trade to begin with and also didn’t select no trade. I’m similar to you. I dropped my towing out of frustration yesterday when mine pushed to 8/21-9/4. This morning bumped back to 8/15-8/29. Wish us both luck

I think your probably good because they really do have your info. But might not be the case if someone never entered a trade to begin with and also didn’t select no trade. I’m similar to you. I dropped my towing out of frustration yesterday when mine pushed to 8/21-9/4. This morning bumped back to 8/15-8/29. Wish us both luck
Good Luck! I got pre-approved the day before rates went up at the end of July - it's good for 60 days so it can't take much more pushing.

All my individual tasks that I can complete ARE COMPLETE. I recall initially my wife’s drivers license hadn’t uploaded, so I sent the SA a text with a scan and he amended my registration tab. Funny I still can’t see it but it has a green CHECK.

I’ll be at the Bloomington IL delivery center tomorrow helping a buddy take delivery of his new S and I hope one of the SA’s will be able to look at my account and fix whatever might be wrong. It’s frustrating I can’t access this data on my own and having to rely on SA’s over the internet. And again I can’t CHANGE OR EDIT ANYTHING in the app. It’s locked.

Thanks all for the help and tips.

Reactions: stlght3
All my individual tasks that I can complete ARE COMPLETE. I recall initially my wife’s drivers license hadn’t uploaded, so I sent the SA a text with a scan and he amended my registration tab. Funny I still can’t see it but it has a green CHECK.

I’ll be at the Bloomington IL delivery center tomorrow helping a buddy take delivery of his new S and I hope one of the SA’s will be able to look at my account and fix whatever might be wrong. It’s frustrating I can’t access this data on my own and having to rely on SA’s over the internet. And again I can’t CHANGE OR EDIT ANYTHING in the app. It’s locked.

That’s it I’m sure. Im sure it’s not a big deal then. Good luck

Let us know how it goes, I am not confident mine is correct, they said I had an issue with my license photo and I had to submit new ones via email.

Reactions: merc65fd