Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I received my proposal summary today (central Florida)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm really enjoying having this app on my desktop......

48495720996_58f97e06f5_b.jpg

I have 9.24 kW solar and 2 PW. Whether it will discharge during off-peak depends on my PW's SoC. e.g. last night, SoC is 20% (10% reserved). It didn't discharge off-peak. Only started to discharge when it was peak. I have no morning shoulder. Last Fri, SoC is 77%. It discharged during off-peak, about 2 hours before peak started.
Do you have a Tesla Car? I have just got second Tesla. I will "soon" have them on load balancing 2x Wall Connectors on a 60a Circuit (48a max draw). I am planning to get the max solar panels for my house (maybe 10kw) and 2 Power Walls. I charge now during Super Off Peak (10pm - 8am). This might change is SCE changes my TOU Plan.

I am still struggling to understand how my whole home backup will work with this setup? I like keeping my cars plugged in all the time and do not mind the small trickle charge happening while not doing a full charge. I do not drive a lot so < 20 miles per day each car on average.

I think most (?) will use credits to charge EV's off peak and NOT pull from the Power Wall but I want this to be automatic.

I have a Chevy Bolt and charging is a big draw. No problem as long as the grid is up. If
we had a prolonged outage (hurricane) I would look for a public charger that was still
operational. I could also lower the amps to charge the car.
Thanks for the reply. But could you give a little more details?
1. Are you charging directly from the Grid like before Solar/Battery?
2. If from Grid, do you pay for from Credits. I.E. Solar going to the Grid.
3. What time of day do you normal charge your Bolt?
4. How many Amps are you pulling? Is the same as before Solar.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the reply. But could you give a little more details?
1. Are you charging directly from the Grid like before Solar/Battery?
2. If from Grid, do you pay for from Credits. I.E. Solar going to the Grid.
3. What time of day do you normal charge your Bolt?
4. How many Amps are you pulling? Is the same as before Solar.

Thanks again.

I am in my first 2 weeks of operation & haven't even gotten a bill yet after permission
to operate..

I am not on any TOU plan and I am just charging when I feel like it.
I travel very little ( 8K per year) Generally I would charge during daylight
hours just to feel like I'm using the solar. This week I charged from 70%
depleted on the Chevy. The house pulled 35.1kwh that day whereas the
next 3 days pulled 8.1, 7.6 & 9.1 from the grid. Every day since PTO we
have had afternoon rains. My Bolt charger is on a 40 amp circuit.

@hodad66 stay safe dude. So far it looks to graze us further south but hit cape Canaveral dead on, Orlando 40+ miles east
I’m charging all the batteries, thinking about Enphase IQ8’s that microgrid without need of batteries a bit south of you near Sanibel/Captiva where there was an 8-10ft storm surge. That view is (more or less) sea level, Indiatlantic is out on a sand spit.! l
image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: hodad66
@hodad66 stay safe dude. So far it looks to graze us further south but hit cape Canaveral dead on, Orlando 40+ miles east
I’m charging all the batteries, thinking about Enphase IQ8’s that microgrid without need of batteries a bit south of you near Sanibel/Captiva where there was an 8-10ft storm surge. That view is (more or less) sea level, Indiatlantic is out on a sand spit.! lView attachment 448303

Every recent hurricane my GF, her mom & daughter with me run to the center of the state. Each time
the damage is minimal (screens and shrubs) and I promise myself I will stay next time. I stayed for one
over a decade ago and fell asleep as it hit just south of us. Slept like a baby!! :cool:

Every recent hurricane my GF, her mom & daughter with me run to the center of the state. Each time
the damage is minimal (screens and shrubs) and I promise myself I will stay next time. I stayed for one
over a decade ago and fell asleep as it hit just south of us. Slept like a baby!! :cool:
Nhc.noaa.gov
Looks like it will nail lake O dead on, make an abrupt 75 degree turn north and head for Orlando, or they don’t know.
Irma shredded our Lanai Cage and got us a new roof for the PV to get installed on
Eh stay safe and dry

Reactions: hodad66