Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I learned something NEW today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ted'sla

2024 MYLR in MSM
Jan 20, 2024
Rosharon, Texas
I can no longer listen to Howie Carr on WRKO, because he finds every opportunity to slam EVs. Unfortunately, so does Vince Coglianese on WMAL. Coglianese interviewed someone from some energy something or other (paid lobbyist for big oil, I'm sure) and the biggest lie of the interview (even worse than EV brake dust pollution - must be that one-pedal driving) was that charging an EV overnight uses as much electricity as it does - I'm not kidding - to power a SUPERMARKET.

• Informative
Reactions: DuncanM
According to bard, the average supermarket uses 52.5 kWh per sq ft per year. And, a typical grocery store is 40,000 sq ft.

That works out to approx 5700 kWh per day. It seems like a lot, but there's quite a bit of refrigeration equipment in a grocery store in addition to lights, A/C, etc.

So, only off by a couple orders of magnitude.

Reactions: Ted'sla and DuncanM
According to bard, the average supermarket uses 52.5 kWh per sq ft per year. And, a typical grocery store is 40,000 sq ft.

That works out to approx 5700 kWh per day. It seems like a lot, but there's quite a bit of refrigeration equipment in a grocery store in addition to lights, A/C, etc.

So, only off by a couple orders of magnitude.
The first things I thought of were the refrigeration and the overhead lighting. It's getting so I'm just going to have to listen to classic rock in my MY, but I sure wish Elon would add a 50s and 60s music selection to Premium Connectivity!!!