Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hyperdip / plasti dip on new car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up a new model y a week ago, and I want to hyperdip / plasti dip my emblems.
The hyperdip website recommends waiting 6 months to let paint fully cure to avoid potential paint damage.
Has anyone hyperdipped their new car, and has anyone damaged their paint?
Also, are there any differences in the technique in hyperdip vs white plasti dip?
Thanks for any advice!

Saw the title "dip on a new car", said out loud, "WHY?", then found out you want to do just the emblems.

You should be able to mask off the areas you don't want, then spray some light coats on them after a thorough cleaning with something (glass cleaner?) that will remove any car wash wax. Should be a ton of YT videos on the subject.

If done properly, you're not painting the paint, and if some gets on there, you're removing it after a few hours, so should be NBD.

Reactions: SuppressedEV
Have you heard of people having issues if they
Saw the title "dip on a new car", said out loud, "WHY?", then found out you want to do just the emblems.

You should be able to mask off the areas you don't want, then spray some light coats on them after a thorough cleaning with something (glass cleaner?) that will remove any car wash wax. Should be a ton of YT videos on the subject.

If done properly, you're not painting the paint, and if some gets on there, you're removing it after a few hours, so should be NBD.
Do you know anyone who did this on a fairly new vehicle? Dipyourcar.com recommended waiting 6 months after buying a new vehicle prior to applying Hyperdip and I just want to make sure I don't damage the paint if I didn't wait the 6 months, as Tesla told me the paint is already fully cured.

I picked up a new model y a week ago, and I want to hyperdip / plasti dip my emblems.
The hyperdip website recommends waiting 6 months to let paint fully cure to avoid potential paint damage.
Has anyone hyperdipped their new car, and has anyone damaged their paint?
Also, are there any differences in the technique in hyperdip vs white plasti dip?
Thanks for any advice!
I didn't know about the 6 month part but I was 5 months in when I finally dip'd my emblems. No issues.

I also just hyperdip'd my wheels and the process is a little different - more coats, no need for glossifier. I wanted matte black on the emblems though and plasti is a lot easier to find without ordering direct.