Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hybrid cars to pay for congestion charge in London in next 2 weeks.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bad news for all those "ECO" hybrids, as London is now to start charging £11.50 per day for any car with any tail pipe emissions. I currently drive a Leaf, and have ordered a Model 3, so I am quietly smug about this fact.

Hybrids are a step backwards, its a bit like saying you can swim, but still need armbands.

This means that the Mercedes C class Hybrid, the BMW 13 REX, the Toyota Prius, the Mitsubishi PHEV etc will all have to pay.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaff
They seem to be taking the slowest route possible. Don't forget that the ULEZ is being extended and IIRC is an additional fee on top of the Congestion Charge. (Also, all new black cabs will soon have to be PHEVs as well). Should be quite a winner judging by the number of regular Prius you see around.

Of course, if we Leave the EU then all this "green crap" will probably end up on top of the "bonfire of regulations" and we'll be incentivised to drive around using locally-fracked diesel.

Reactions: nexsuperne101
The main issue with London is the pollution, OK, so it isn't China, but I was in North London yesterday waiting to cross a road when a bus drove by throwing out black smoke. I am amazed that they haven't got full electric public transport already, after all, lead by example!

Reactions: Jaff