Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW4 - Camera Alignment issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, they came to the office parking garage where I worked and it was completed in about an hour and half.
I’m sorry I didn’t reply when I first saw this. I appreciate you keeping me up to date. I was really concerned about my FSD features but after speaking with you I feel better about it. My appointment is on Monday so I’ll let you know how it goes. We go on a trip august 9th so I’m really praying it’s sorted before then!

Man I pick up a Y Tuesday and drove 350 miles back home, no AP. Now I might have to drive it back from Riverton to Loveland. I asked for mobile service. but no word yet.
Mobile service is the way to go for ya if they reply. When I requested I got a request back in about 24 hours asking me to chose a location (I chose work) and it gave me three or four dates to pick from. I changed the location to home (I have a looong commute) and the date choices were further out. They came to my office about a week and a half later and finished in about an hour and a half.

Reactions: richyrich
My y had this issue as well. Wanted to update my status after my service appointment. One service center kept pushing my appointment further and further back as they were waiting on an entirely new camera unit to arrive so that they didn’t have to come out for two separate appointments incase the camera needed replacement. Turns out, it didn’t need replacement and only an alignment. I found this out by brute forcing myself in as a walk in this morning. I picked up my car at 6 even though they were done within an hour. Dropped it off at 8am, done at 9am. Picked up asap. When I got in, there was a software update pending and asking me to schedule a time for it to begin. I haven’t started that yet because I am afraid it will break my auto pilot again. Should i update?

Reactions: Ken_Y
check service mode.. see if the pitch is off.

I had the same problem with my HW4 Model S Plaid, ended up being a camera coax cable was routed wrong and causing pressure on the camera pushing it out of pitch.

took like 2 2week visits and replacing of the camera to realize this.. :(. been fine since that repair.
Update.. out of the blue today camera pitch error. Service mode shows it green and inbetween the lines.
Reset camera calibration twice..

Quick update. SA contacted me via app and want me to reboot and calibrate the camera again. Completed per their request and camera alignment issue still present then they confirmed my service appointment for next week at the local service center.
Just to clarify .. any time you start a camera recalibration you will need to drive the car for some rime along clearly marked roads (the time varies, c an be up to 100 miles). So dont keep clicking the button, you just reset the entire process. Also, you can visually check to see if the cameras are actually working from the Service menu.

Update.. out of the blue today camera pitch error. Service mode shows it green and inbetween the lines.
Reset camera calibration twice..
check service mode and see after the calibration what the pitch is. Service Manual says in Service Mode to reset forward facing calibration and reset DAS. I did that, drove and it came back with pitch issue still.. -1.7. Not sure what the tolerances are and the green lines don't matter, there are calibration charts they use to adjust the camera.