Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW4 - Camera Alignment issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
Took delivery of MYLR Austin build on Saturday and didn't see any major issue, upon driving home, I can't engage the auto pilot with an error message that camera need alignment. Trying to calibrate the camera a couple of time with the hope that will clear up the alignment issue. Unfortunately it doesn't solve the camera alignment issue.
Schedule a service appointment but not until 6/28, so weird that Tesla missed this issue.

Anyone else have similar issue with their HW4 camera alignment with recent delivery? Please kindly share. Thank you

...so weird that Tesla missed this issue.
That implies someone actually checked something pre-delivery. I had the same issue with my M3 and found out after I got home that the passenger side repeater camera was dead. I scheduled an appointment (this was during Covid) and was told the part was 8 weeks backordered. I found a replacement repeater on eBay from a wreck and put that in and the car calibrated with about 12 miles of driving.

I'd verify all your cameras are functional and then try forcing a recalibration and then drive on a good road with proper left and right lane markings.

That implies someone actually checked something pre-delivery. I had the same issue with my M3 and found out after I got home that the passenger side repeater camera was dead. I scheduled an appointment (this was during Covid) and was told the part was 8 weeks backordered. I found a replacement repeater on eBay from a wreck and put that in and the car calibrated with about 12 miles of driving.

I'd verify all your cameras are functional and then try forcing a recalibration and then drive on a good road with proper left and right lane markings.
All cameras seems to be in place based on my observation the last few days of driving, done camera calibration twice but can't engage auto pilot due to camera alignment issue still present. I'll continue to drive the MY and see if anything change before my schedule service. thanks.

Quick update. SA contacted me via app and want me to reboot and calibrate the camera again. Completed per their request and camera alignment issue still present then they confirmed my service appointment for next week at the local service center.

Quick update. SA contacted me via app and want me to reboot and calibrate the camera again. Completed per their request and camera alignment issue still present then they confirmed my service appointment for next week at the local service center.
check service mode.. see if the pitch is off.

I had the same problem with my HW4 Model S Plaid, ended up being a camera coax cable was routed wrong and causing pressure on the camera pushing it out of pitch.

took like 2 2week visits and replacing of the camera to realize this.. :(. been fine since that repair.

Reactions: TexTX
Hello,
Took delivery of MYLR Austin build on Saturday and didn't see any major issue, upon driving home, I can't engage the auto pilot with an error message that camera need alignment. Trying to calibrate the camera a couple of time with the hope that will clear up the alignment issue. Unfortunately it doesn't solve the camera alignment issue.
Schedule a service appointment but not until 6/28, so weird that Tesla missed this issue.

Anyone else have similar issue with their HW4 camera alignment with recent delivery? Please kindly share. Thank you
I have the same issue with my MYLR Austin build that I picked up on 6/24. I have 173 miles, which includes several miles of highway driving. I have an SC appointment on 7/4 for another issue discovered during delivery day. I will let the SC know about this issue, and see if it will require another SC visit.

Hello,

I had nearly identical issue with the S LR I took delivery on a month ago. From the delivery center it was fine. Next day it said needed camera alignment. And it was fine few days then it did it again. No ability to use Autosteer or Navigate in any form. ‘Cameras need realignment’. The alignment appears to clear and the car appears to go through the 20 mile driving re-alignment successfully - then same alarm - now it’s fully a no-go cameras won’t seem to align at all. Cameras a clean and clear. Guess it’s service time.

check service mode.. see if the pitch is off.

I had the same problem with my HW4 Model S Plaid, ended up being a camera coax cable was routed wrong and causing pressure on the camera pushing it out of pitch.

took like 2 2week visits and replacing of the camera to realize this.. :(. been fine since that repair.
I’m having the same issue with my new S LR was it the windshield camera or a side camera?
What was the finding of the June 28 service call? Curious…