Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW2.5 even after April 12th build date

Do you have HW3 build date after April 12?

• Yes

Votes: 44 50.6%
  • No

Votes: 43 49.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone

So i ordered March 8th
Reservation holder
SR+
RED/White interior
19" FSD
Built Date May 18 2019

I received a VIN have a DD for tomorrow. I do not have HW3. Many have suggested they do because of their build date that is incorrect. I would like to know if anyone has been specifically told or shown proof they have HW3.

Hello everyone

So i ordered March 8th
Reservation holder
SR+
RED/White interior
19" FSD
Built Date May 18 2019

I received a VIN have a DD for tomorrow. I do not have HW3. Many have suggested they do because of their build date that is incorrect. I would like to know if anyone has been specifically told or shown proof they have HW3.
SR+ Black/Black
Build Date May 19, 2019
Was told by chat that I have HW2.5
Picking up car today and will let everyone know what I get

Hello everyone

So i ordered March 8th
Reservation holder
SR+
RED/White interior
19" FSD
Built Date May 18 2019

If you ordered FSD, then you will get a free upgrade to HW3 in any case.

Via chat with multiple representatives and emailed the DA awaiting his response.

Maybe the "pipeline" to Canada is slightly different. But I don't know if I'd trust what any rep says either.

I sometimes wonder about these door tag stickers. Hard to believe it was built on May 18 and it's already in Toronto.
I wonder if delivery centers put the door tag stickers on and "finalize" the configuration more locally. Or if they sometimes "re-tag" them.

I don't think I'd reject the car on this or anything (as long as everything else looks ship shape).
I'd want HW3 with the car as well at this late of a date as well (one less headache to wait for). But there isn't much you can do.

Good luck and keep us posted on what it actually is.

Will be disappointing if they are now again shipping HW2.5 instead of HW3, as I understand 16.3 firmware has been released, specifically optimized for HW3. Also those recent builds that did not order FSD will be stuck with the older version, impacting resale value.

Reactions: torontohm3wait
Screenshot_20190531-145320_Samsung Internet.jpg

Be sure to check the firmware version that the car is on when you first pick it up (before any subsequent updates). Sometimes that can suggest whether you're truly on HW2.5 or HW3.
I haven't found any reliable sources that say [X version is for HW2.5, Y version is for HW3]. Can you point me to any?

So if you ordered FSD (which I did) then it's automatically free hardware upgrades for the life of the car?
Not exactly. Elon has promised that you will be retrofitted with the 'FSD Computer', which is currently in version HW3. You'll get FSD capability, but not necessarily the latest and greatest hardware available - no guarantees that you'll get HW4 when it comes out, for example. But they're really betting that HW3 will be sufficient.

It was quite entertaining he said several reasons and when i asked what might they be. He said i would not be able to answer that i am unsure.

The hiring bar for online chat agents is quite low - I did it once as a summer job, if you have a pulse and can type over 30wpm, you're in.

I'd bet money that most Tesla chat agents couldn't find their bottoms with both hands.

So if you ordered FSD (which I did) then it's automatically free hardware upgrades for the life of the car?
If your car’s hardware cannot support Full Self Drive when it is eventually released, you get a hardware upgrade to run it.

Any subsequent hardware upgrades depend on whether Tesla chooses to offer a retrofit option and your ability and willingness to pay.

• Informative
Reactions: Mansley