Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

HVAC colder than usual.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had an issue/observance that the climate control is colder than usual? The heat works and the A/C works, but when I put it on 70 degrees, to me, it seems so much colder than 70 degrees. Normal, new, or broke, maybe I'm crazy.

I want to add, I just noticed under the climate setting in the car it says, 'climate keeper unavailable due to system fault.'
And I just had the front windshield tinted 2 days ago. So I'm wondering if there's some type of humidity build up behind the mirror.

Last edited:
You can use a stand alone thermometer to see what the temp is inside the car. I have a wireless one that I can place anywhere outside and it communicates with the unit in the house on the counter. It displays inside/outside temperatures.

Thank you for all your replies. I have service appointment tomorrow. There was a software update, but it didn't change anything. Plus, I went into the 'service' setting and ran a few tests, but everything came back 'passing.' There's a bunch of errors with something to do with the 'VCRIGHT' faulting. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Reactions: zoomer0056
headhz: I'd rather check the actual temp before I'd have anyone, Tesla or a legacy car, dig into the system.

Have you actually checked the inside temp when you think it's colder then usual? I don't think my body is capable of discerning minor differences in temp between 68-72f, depending on my physical activity prior to getting into the car.

I agree with zoomer0056. Get a cheap thermometer and check the temp at various times during the day. It might keep you from wasting your time at a Service Center.

headhz: I'd rather check the actual temp before I'd have anyone, Tesla or a legacy car, dig into the system.

Have you actually checked the inside temp when you think it's colder then usual? I don't think my body is capable of discerning minor differences in temp between 68-72f, depending on my physical activity prior to getting into the car.

I agree with zoomer0056. Get a cheap thermometer and check the temp at various times during the day. It might keep you from wasting your time at a Service Center.
LOL...I can. And last night, on the way home from work, it was 60 outside and I put the heat on 76. Still cold in the cabin. I can make it blow heat if I crank it. If the vehicle was out of warranty, I'd really dig into the 'rabbit-hole,' but it's a 5 week old with 800 miles. It's just better to have service look at it. I did try to go through the service mode and tinker a little, but I don't want to be that guy who bricked his car for being a nitwit. I do appreciate your help.