Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How pleased I am with my MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had my Raven MX for about 4 months now and have really liked it. However this last week I reckon I put it through one of the hardest tests it will ever have and it came through with flying colours.
We have just returned home after a 650 mile round trip from Aberdeenshire to Preston. We went down last Tuesday in the middle of Storm Ciara (Queensferry Crossing closed, M74 closed southbound, heavy snow Beattock to Gretna, strong winds). We came back today through Storm Denniss (really heavy rain, strong winds and flooded roads). I reckon we had full heating with a/c on for at least 80% of the time, lights and wipers on nearly 100% of the time and front and rear fogs on going over the Cairn o’Mount both ways due to thick fog (low cloud).
Never once did I have any concerns over range and charging was a doddle everywhere we stopped.
What a brilliant car!

We have just returned home after a 650 mile round trip from Aberdeenshire to Preston. We went down last Tuesday in the middle of Storm Ciara (Queensferry Crossing closed, M74 closed southbound, heavy snow Beattock to Gretna, strong winds). We came back today through Storm Denniss (really heavy rain, strong winds and flooded roads). I reckon we had full heating with a/c on for at least 80% of the time, lights and wipers on nearly 100% of the time and front and rear fogs on going over the Cairn o’Mount both ways due to thick fog (low cloud).

To think that a few days ago I hadn't even heard of the Cairn O'Mount road and now I'm feeling that my life won't be complete until I've driven it!! :)

Reactions: Tonybvi
Th
I’ve had my Raven MX for about 4 months now and have really liked it. However this last week I reckon I put it through one of the hardest tests it will ever have and it came through with flying colours.
Never once did I have any concerns over range and charging was a doddle everywhere we stopped.
What a brilliant car!
E question is why did you go in a storm that's just dangerous

The 2020 Tour of Britain cycle race comes to Aberdeenshire on Stage 8 (September) and Aberdeenshire also features the 2021 grand depart for the race. I would be really surprised if the race does not traverse the Cairn o’Mount Road during one of these visits.