Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long should I keep my Model Y LR?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car is coming up to 6 months old and I’ve already done 10k miles.

Wondering when would be the most cost effective to replace?

Company car, would replace with same car again (I need the supercharger network)

Clearly needs to be before 2025 when the new road tax comes in.

Should I keep the current one till then or replace sooner given my high mileage?

My understanding of company car EV perks was that the corporation tax write down benefit applies only on the depreciation.
Selling at high value means you pay CT on the sale price. So for tax purposes running it into the ground is most economical.

My understanding of company car EV perks was that the corporation tax write down benefit applies only on the depreciation.
Selling at high value means you pay CT on the sale price. So for tax purposes running it into the ground is most economical

If you sell you’re liable for CT on the sale price, but you can still write off the cost of the replacement. So currently not a major factor

Car is coming up to 6 months old and I’ve already done 10k miles.

Wondering when would be the most cost effective to replace?

Company car, would replace with same car again (I need the supercharger network)

Clearly needs to be before 2025 when the new road tax comes in.

Should I keep the current one till then or replace sooner given my high mileage?
selling it now seems to make no particular financial sense.
For me the possible demarcations would be:

2024 due to the tax issue
or
before it hits 50K miles to stay in full warrantee
or
before it hits 120K to stay in battery/drive unit warrantee
or
when they add some new hardware to the cars you want

selling it now seems to make no particular financial sense.
For me the possible demarcations would be:

2024 due to the tax issue
or
before it hits 50K miles to stay in full warrantee
or
before it hits 120K to stay in battery/drive unit warrantee
or
when they add some new hardware to the cars you want
or
when they open up the remaining superchargers to other EV's so you lose the key reason (by own admission) that you are driving a Tesla EV in the first place.

Reactions: candida