Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long does it take to pickup an X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking up the P100 this week. woot woot.

How long should I allot for the pickup process? The whole family will be going, but I will have to work later that day and there's stuff to do. I'll look through the threads on what to look for when going over the car. Anything else I should know?

Reactions: Leo Snow
...How long...

If you paid the full amount already, you'll sign off that you receive the car and let Tesla doing the registration/title for you and that's it!

It's primarily paperless process as much as possible because your documents are in your Tesla Account webpage.

It should take less than 15 minutes unless you request for more time.

Took us 3 hours. But, this was at the Fremont Delivery center which is very busy. 20 cars every couple of hours, mostly 3s. They had issues getting the documents printed for us to sign. And we had some minor issues they fixed before we took the car home.

Next time I will take delivery at the local SC/Showroom.

Took us 3 hours. But, this was at the Fremont Delivery center which is very busy. 20 cars every couple of hours, mostly 3s. They had issues getting the documents printed for us to sign. And we had some minor issues they fixed before we took the car home.

Next time I will take delivery at the local SC/Showroom.

If you are in NorCal then Fremont or SF only options I think. However, I have heard people who got them delivered to their home too in NorCal!

If you are in NorCal then Fremont or SF only options I think. However, I have heard people who got them delivered to their home too in NorCal!

I am pretty sure you can also do some of the Service Centers. Dublin, where we test drove and ordered the car, said we could do it there, but almost no one does because everyone wants the Fremont "experience".

Allow LOTS of time at Fremont - Picked up my MX friday (8/17). 4:30 appt, we didn't get started till 6:00, didn't get out till 7:00. Dozens and dozens of M3 deliveries.
Yeah, I know, 4:30 friday afternoon is a dumb pickup time. But I wanted it for the weekend.
I ordered from Dublin, they said SF and Fremont were only options, no more deliveries at other Bay Area SCs.
BTW - Woot! Worth the wait!

Reactions: bayx and K3Man
Think its going to differ location to location and whoever it is that looks after you. The girl who handed over the car to us took over an hour to go through all the features and functions. We didn't ask her, she just spent that long with us.

Allow LOTS of time at Fremont - Picked up my MX friday (8/17). 4:30 appt, we didn't get started till 6:00, didn't get out till 7:00. Dozens and dozens of M3 deliveries.
Yeah, I know, 4:30 friday afternoon is a dumb pickup time. But I wanted it for the weekend.
I ordered from Dublin, they said SF and Fremont were only options, no more deliveries at other Bay Area SCs.

Congrats! Did you notice any issues with your MX that need an SC visit or could be fixed before you took delivery?

Sorry to hear that Dublin is no longer an option. Makes sense I guess since Dublin and Fremont are only 15 minutes apart. But the crowd at Fremont makes it a get em in, and get em out experience.

Since we already have an S 100D and traded in an S P85, we didn't need any orientation when picking up our X 100D in June.

We told them we didn't need the orientation and that we wanted the front license plate holder installed. By the time we arrived at the Service Center, our new X was sitting our front - signed a few documents, swapped our S P85 key fobs for the new X 100D key fobs - and we were ready to go.

The towing package comes in a black square bag. While you can have the Service Center install it, unless you are planning to tow something immediately, you should wait. There are videos online showing how to install the towing package yourself - it's pretty simple - removing a cover from underneath the bumper, and then installing the tow hitch receiver - something you should do only when getting ready to actually tow something.

Our delivery took only a few minutes.

If you've owned another Tesla and/or you've reviewed the videos and user guide before you get to the Service Center - as long as you let them know you plan to do a quick delivery - it shouldn't take more than a few minutes...

The trade-in for our 2012 S P85 was $24K. It had almost 100K miles, and the car was still in excellent condition, The only major damage was a replaced rear bumper (we had two people hit the rear bumper, while stopped at a red light - in the same week...).

To estimate current value on our Tesla vehicles - I estimate we lose about 2% per month in depreciation (after several years) - which was pretty close on the trade-in price. My estimate had the value at around $28K - probably about what we would have gotten if we had tried to sell it ourselves.

• Informative
Reactions: Leo Snow
Congrats! Did you notice any issues with your MX that need an SC visit or could be fixed before you took delivery?
Nope. Saw a couple of paint spots, but turned out they were all a bit of adhesive left over from bumper plastic wrap, all rubbed off w finger. I can barely tell by sight that maybe the frunk hatch gap on left is maybe larger than on right, but that's not the sort of thing I hyperventilate about. A touch of squeak on the passenger front window on open/close, waiting to see if it goes away w use.

Reactions: bayx
Nope. Saw a couple of paint spots, but turned out they were all a bit of adhesive left over from bumper plastic wrap, all rubbed off w finger. I can barely tell by sight that maybe the frunk hatch gap on left is maybe larger than on right, but that's not the sort of thing I hyperventilate about. A touch of squeak on the passenger front window on open/close, waiting to see if it goes away w use.

That appears to be standard these days. Mine has not gone away since I picked up the car 3 weeks ago. People are using WD40 Silicone spray with good results.