Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Honolulu, HI EV only parking (not EV charging spaces)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know dsmith mentioned the Alternative Energy Stalls at the Ward TJ Maxx building but I discovered that the 2nd and 3rd floors have more of these stalls! 3 stalls near the entrance of the new Nordstrom Rack (which makes me very happy!) on the 3rd floor. Ward Centers is definitely the most EV friendly retail center on the island!

Those were the stalls that I was referring to. :)

The Blink assets were bought from a bankruptcy sale this last week. The new owner is Car Charging Group Inc. Analysis are betting that Tesla will buy CCGI in the near term. Anyone want to add new info to this?

Anyone... anyone? ...Bueller, ....Bueller?

Last edited:
I was staying out at the Marriott Beach Club in Koolina last night. It is cool that there are two charging stations in the Hale Moana parking lot, though two ICEs were parked in them when I left this morning. There are also two in the valet lot near the lobby. And there is two in the Naia tower parking lot. I went to the Kapolei Home Depot and there are three charging stations there. There are two charging stations next to Kapolei Safeway as well.

I have been using the EV charging stations at the Ward Theater Complex. Those stalls are so dang small that it is hard to get out of the car. I end up having to park closer to the car next to me. Once, a car was parked in the handicapped stall and was over the line into the EV stall. It was such a tight fit. The sad part was that there was a lot of room for the driver to get out of their car because of the handicapped clearance. No fair.

I have been using the EV charging stations at the Ward Theater Complex. Those stalls are so dang small that it is hard to get out of the car. I end up having to park closer to the car next to me. Once, a car was parked in the handicapped stall and was over the line into the EV stall. It was such a tight fit. The sad part was that there was a lot of room for the driver to get out of their car because of the handicapped clearance. No fair.

I've used those chargers twice and concur. Those stalls would only fit the iMiev comfortably. I had to take the charging cord around the concrete pillar then back to my stall because I couldn't squeeze on my side it was so tight. Good thing those charging cords are so long.

I've used those chargers twice and concur. Those stalls would only fit the iMiev comfortably. I had to take the charging cord around the concrete pillar then back to my stall because I couldn't squeeze on my side it was so tight. Good thing those charging cords are so long.

Agreed. Honestly, although I appreciate the additional charger, I'd just as rather have them put in another Volta station someplace. Volta is always saying in the news that they still want to put more in. The Volta station behind menchies is my go-to spot now if the TJ Maxx chargers are full. (shh - I think not too many Leafs know about it!) Just be careful about the sidewalk / curb when you pull it - it's pretty high.

Do all public lots (Municipal) have signage that identifies them accordingly? I always look for signage identifying the lot as a C&C or State lot, but wonder if all are labeled as such. Do the "P" signs in Honolulu only refer to Municipal lots, or do they identify private lots too?