Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink for Gate: Stopped working after 5 years?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of my Model X in April 2017. The day I brought it home I programmed our two garage doors and the simple gate we have at the end of a shared private driveway. No issues for five years. Last week my gate Homelink stopped working. It would still trigger due to GPS, the menu would light up green, and I'd get the "bong" but nothing would happen. My two garage Homelinks continued to work great. I also confirmed that both the original FOB for the gate works fine (daughter's car) as well as my wife's programmed Homelink on her Ford. It's just my car. And yes, restarted the system by holding both buttons.

Just now I went out there and hit the program button and stood with the original FOB in front of the car holding the button like it said. Nothing...continued to say "searching for signal." Held it for 30 seconds. Pressed it over and over. Nothing. So then I went in and fully deleted the old Gate Homelink and created a new one. Same thing..."searching for signal" endlessly.

This is such a specific issue I doubt there is any advice but I thought I'd throw it out there. Frustrating!