Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home wall connecter charge nozzle button press does not open door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

easyev

Supporting Member
Jul 29, 2023
Toronto
Hey everyone, I hope you’re doing well.

Got a couple of gen 3 installed for my wife’s car one at work and one at home. When you press the button on the charge nozzle (is that what you call it?6 it doesn’t open the charge door.

I’ve got to open my phone app and tap on the ⚡️ or go into the car and open it on screen. Is this a set up issue?

The electrician is licensed and said there’s nothing else to really do yet I looked at the app which requires a lot of pictures and forms to be filled to register the charger. Do I have to connect to the IP address of the charger to do something?

Sorry, if this is already been discussed and I missed it. I did a quick search and didn’t find anything 100% related to my situation.

The good news is, we’re getting full charging current!

Attachments

• IMG_0165.jpeg
    IMG_0165.jpeg
    456.4 KB · Views: 34
Yes, it was definitely unlocked. I didn’t know about the door press, I thought that was a Porsche Taycan thing! Thanks I’ll see if that works. The button press, I think works on the model S at least with my gen 2 charger, but I don’t think I’ve tried the gen 3. Thanks for your feedback.

I went out and made sure the car was unlocked. The button press wouldn’t do it but a light touch on the door opened it, nice! Haven’t supercharged her yet yet so I’m not sure what it would do at the supercharger but I’m going to try my gen 2 to see if it makes any difference.

Third time’s a charm! I went out, pressing on the handle button, like a madman. Three or four button presses in a row she popped open!
I’m putting this one to rest! Thanks for the help, great to know you can tap on the door. 😃