Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

holder or hook for suit jacket or dry-cleaning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I personally have gone with EVHooks from British Columbia. Coated aluminum in black or silver to coordinate with your headliner (the black disappears against my black Alcantara and I don't see them unless I look closely); the clip-onto-the-headliner portion is much wider than the plastic varieties, hence give me better confidence up to 6-lb carrying weight is better distributed than the thinner plastic versions; These are designed to work only with a pano and do not require removal of foam insulation on newer MS like some others do.

Given our MS don't come with coat hooks as they should, I'm happy with the purchase. Only two disadvantages from my POV is they are higher priced compared to other plastic varieties, and they will at times pop off the headliner as you reach around and take your jacket or cleaning off the hook, requiring you to just put the hook back into place -- not a super inconvenience as it takes just a few seconds. I'd buy another pair again if had to replace my MS today.

MX Version is coming soon according to the website.
Thans for this, just ordered the black ones. Will be getting some for the X too if these ones work out for me. Will keep you posted

Reactions: BertL
I was delighted when my black EVhooks came. Split the cost with a coworker who wanted one also (they only come in pairs). Second time I tried to use it, I pushed up on the hook accidentally and it popped off and up and rattled down someplace where I can't reach in the headliner. Added this to my growing list of things to ask Tesla to deal with when I get my first service appointment.

Anyone else experience this or suggest a fix for when/if I ever see mine again?

I was delighted when my black EVhooks came. Split the cost with a coworker who wanted one also (they only come in pairs). Second time I tried to use it, I pushed up on the hook accidentally and it popped off and up and rattled down someplace where I can't reach in the headliner. Added this to my growing list of things to ask Tesla to deal with when I get my first service appointment.

Anyone else experience this or suggest a fix for when/if I ever see mine again?
Never had mine pop INTO the headliner -- as previously described, only OFF the headliner into my hand. Sorry, but I think you really did something unusual, as getting all those angles and the wider section of the hook to twist up into the headliner IMHO would be a feat. Did you perhaps place the smaller end over the headliner vs the wider end as it's designed for and the pictures illustrate, or maybe it just fell down into the seat or onto the floor somewhere and the black against black is making it hard to find. I'll hope so. Good luck!

Never had mine pop INTO the headliner -- as previously described, only OFF the headliner into my hand. Sorry, but I think you really did something unusual, as getting all those angles and the wider section of the hook to twist up into the headliner IMHO would be a feat. Did you perhaps place the smaller end over the headliner vs the wider end as it's designed for and the pictures illustrate, or maybe it just fell down into the seat or onto the floor somewhere and the black against black is making it hard to find. I'll hope so. Good luck!

Thanks for the good wishes, but nope: Installed correctly: reached in to hand suit: hangar popped up and away into deepest recesses. Oh well.

Thanks for the good wishes, but nope: Installed correctly: reached in to hand suit: hangar popped up and away into deepest recesses. Oh well.
You must have pulled down on the hangar pretty hard to open a gap that wide. I got into the back seat on my knees and (carefully) played with my hook last night after replying to your post, and couldn't figure out how to get the whole thing to slip inside. My particular MS with Pano (built Sept 2015) just does not have enough flex or spare space (I believe there is insulation) inside the headliner for it to go all the way inside. I'll just leave it that you have a special touch! ;) Again, good luck with retrieving your new hook!

Hm. No, I just rested it over the edge where the headliner ends in my July 2016 S. There is a gap above the headliner and the pano roof I can fit my hand pretty far into all along there. I wonder if I hung the hook in the wrong spot. Oh, well: not the end of the world. With luck the service center will have a clever way to fish it out. Of course, the ice sheet may return over most of North America before I can get a service appointment.

• Funny
Thans for this, just ordered the black ones. Will be getting some for the X too if these ones work out for me. Will keep you posted

Sorry for the late reply, been traveling as of late. The hooks have been awesome and match my interior quite well.
IMG_6267.JPG
IMG_6270.JPG
Here are a couple shots of them in use in my car. Highly recommended!

I personally have gone with EVHooks from British Columbia. Coated aluminum in black or silver to coordinate with your headliner (the black disappears against my black Alcantara and I don't see them unless I look closely); the clip-onto-the-headliner portion is much wider than the plastic varieties, hence give me better confidence up to 6-lb carrying weight is better distributed than the thinner plastic versions; These are designed to work only with a pano and do not require removal of foam insulation on newer MS like some others do.

Given our MS don't come with coat hooks as they should, I'm happy with the purchase. Only two disadvantages from my POV is they are higher priced compared to other plastic varieties, and they will at times pop off the headliner as you reach around and take your jacket or cleaning off the hook, requiring you to just put the hook back into place -- not a super inconvenience as it takes just a few seconds. I'd buy another pair again if had to replace my MS today.

MX Version is coming soon according to the website.

Oh. pricey ($30 as I write this). But might just be worth it...

Hm. No, I just rested it over the edge where the headliner ends in my July 2016 S. There is a gap above the headliner and the pano roof I can fit my hand pretty far into all along there. I wonder if I hung the hook in the wrong spot. Oh, well: not the end of the world. With luck the service center will have a clever way to fish it out. Of course, the ice sheet may return over most of North America before I can get a service appointment.

When I originally read your post I thought how difficult can if be to fish the hook out. This first time it happened to me I just grabbed it with my fingers.

It happened again but time the hook fell into and behind the headliner rail. I can barely see the hook with my mirror and flashlight and have tried for one hour to retrieve to no avail. Have you managed to retrieve the hook? I even managed to get my hand underneath the headliner from the weatherstrip side but there is some material in the way.

Does anyone know if that portion of the headliner is difficult to remove without damage?

Hubby has our car today so I can't go out and sit in it, but was wondering if there was some way to have something be a coat hanger support using the back of the front seats or even using the head rests of the back seats so things can actually hang. Hanging on a hook off the headliner rail more ideal particularly with longer than suit jacket-length clothing. We went with the PUP package and have the adjustable headrests but don't think everyone has that on their car.

We have an early 2017 pano 75D and I originally ordered the Evannex coat hook set when our car was delivered and then noticed the website note about the change to the refreshed version cars so was able to cancel it. Maybe in future MSs Franz will come up with a way to discretely hide a hook like he did in the Model 3.

Hubby has our car today so I can't go out and sit in it, but was wondering if there was some way to have something be a coat hanger support using the back of the front seats or even using the head rests of the back seats so things can actually hang. Hanging on a hook off the headliner rail more ideal particularly with longer than suit jacket-length clothing. We went with the PUP package and have the adjustable headrests but don't think everyone has that on their car.

We have an early 2017 pano 75D and I originally ordered the Evannex coat hook set when our car was delivered and then noticed the website note about the change to the refreshed version cars so was able to cancel it. Maybe in future MSs Franz will come up with a way to discretely hide a hook like he did in the Model 3.
You can get these: www.evampedup.com
2017-02-08_12-41-09 (2).jpg

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset
These are the absolute insanity! Imagine a rear passenger hitting those in an accident. These can do severe damage to the face or eyes!

Always, always think about the safety impact in a worst case scenario. The last thing you want in front of you is something that can cut your face, poke out your eyes, or split your skull.

These are a very bad idea, and a huge liability. DO NOT put those into your car - unless you want (and always will) remove them when someone rides in the back.

These are the absolute insanity! Imagine a rear passenger hitting those in an accident. These can do severe damage to the face or eyes!

Always, always think about the safety impact in a worst case scenario. The last thing you want in front of you is something that can cut your face, poke out your eyes, or split your skull.

These are a very bad idea, and a huge liability. DO NOT put those into your car - unless you want (and always will) remove them when someone rides in the back.

Lol, only if you are not wearing a safety belt.....if that is the case, the coat hook is the least of your worries....