Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HK: Model S Deposit date - confirmation - Sequence # - expected delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They told me its on the boat already so the lot is coming.

It takes 3-4 weeks for a new model to get TD clearance, which I think is normal. However other makers usually send a market specific model to TD to get clearance before launch.

I just got an update from Tesla, he said my car is at the end of line inspection stage, and will probably be delivered at the end of July/early august. So even tho mine is a Sig, it is not delivered with the first batch.:crying:

HK: Deposit date - confirmation - Sequence # - expected delivery

To be clear: MyTesla now says 'in production' for me, and the mid-late August date was from the HK guy in charge of deliveries. Seems to be firming up nicely now.

Last edited:
Hey DITB

Just curious as to how you got the delivery dates for your chart? My sequence number is 323 but have not had any precise indication from Tesla HK as to when my model S (P85+ and all options everything except the dual charger and winter weather package) is going to arrive.

cheers

uploadfromtaptalk1403877099502.jpg

Received my wall connector today. Guess my car is coming soon.

Last edited:
Hey DITB

Just curious as to how you got the delivery dates for your chart? My sequence number is 323 but have not had any precise indication from Tesla HK as to when my model S (P85+ and all options everything except the dual charger and winter weather package) is going to arrive.

cheers

As I wrote in bold above

still pure speculation though.

I should probably have changed the chart and added more columns, changing "delivery" to "guessed delivery", "TM estimated delivery" and "actual delivery".

For now, I just entered the best known guesses - I will update it as I receive feedback from TMC users.

Hey DITB

cheers

Didn't notice it was your first post here - welcome to TMC in Hong Kong, jimbohk!

I put you on the list, updating the list on post #1 now. If there is anything you want to add or correct, let me know (PM is OK).

As pr your feedback, I have now changed the "Delivery" column to

TMC / Community "Guestimate" - grey
Tesla Motors estimated delivery date - normal
Actual delivery date - bold

Disadvantage is that this doesn't keep history, eventually, all dates will be bold, as deliveries take place - but I want to keep the columns somewhat limited, there are plenty already!

Hello from Japan - would like to see what your dashboards look like. Mine is RHD (Japan has RHD only) but my dashboard changed to LHD recently and still LHD when changed to "in production" on June 27.
Is there a nobody with LHD picture (car facing left)?

What is your VIN, and is it a Signature?

Good to see you are in production (I wonder who will be first, Japan or Hong Kong?)

My Dashboard right now:

My Tesla Dashboard 29-6-2014.jpg

And when I click VIEW DESIGN ...

Tesla Dashboard - View design 29-6-2014.jpg

... it seems like the steering wheel is in the correct side.

In Hong Kong and Japan, as we drive on the wrong side we are left with right hand drive cars only.

Oh how language is weird, isn't it?

Hi, @DTIB:
My dashboard looks exactly like yours, and when I looked at the PDF it was surely RHD. I guess in my dashboard my car was facing right before, that's why I thought my car became LHD when the car became facing left like it is now.

My VIN is 44355 Japan sig. I guess HK delivery is earlier as you guys seem to order much more Teslas! Here we have much less Tesla PR - no social media, no blogs whatsoever. Everybody knows about Toyota FCV but nobody knows Tesla.

Hi, @DTIB:
My dashboard looks exactly like yours, and when I looked at the PDF it was surely RHD. I guess in my dashboard my car was facing right before, that's why I thought my car became LHD when the car became facing left like it is now.

My VIN is 44355 Japan sig. I guess HK delivery is earlier as you guys seem to order much more Teslas! Here we have much less Tesla PR - no social media, no blogs whatsoever. Everybody knows about Toyota FCV but nobody knows Tesla.

Japan is home base for Toyota and other Japanese brands, so I guess it must be harder for Tesla Motors to break through. As Toyota realise there is hardly any maintenance or parts used on a pure EV, they keep their focus in hybrids and hydrogen cars. Lots and lots of maintenance there, parts to be sold and sooner replaced than an EV.

2014/06/30 my car is now 'your car is being prepared for pickup or delivery'. A month shipping, plus a couple weeks of prep, mid-August just might happen.

That is rather pessimistic!

I would rather say two weeks of shipping, expecting the beginning of August. I hope mine will be mid August, you can have yours end of July or beginning of August.

They don't need to wash the bird poo and dust off of mine, I am happy to do that myself, if I can get it a week earlier :tongue:

I am getting a silver metallic anyway, much more resilient to dirt (it still gets dirty, but shows less).

According to Linda, both of them "should be" in production.

Subject: RE: RNs 795834 and 574505
Date: June 30, 2014 at 3:51:16 PM PDT
To: Waidy Lee <[email protected]>

Waidy,

Excuse my delay. It’s been a hectic several days with meetings and such. Based on current production schedule, both cars should be in production at this time. You should see an update in about a week or so.

Thanks,
Linda

I have a gut feeling my car will go into production within one week from now.

If I make sure to press the reload button on Tesla Motors | Premium Electric Vehicles a few times pr day, it will probably help a little :)

It is now just over 47 million seconds ago since I paid the 39 000 HKD deposit ... make it NOW please, and I will come and get it in California and find some way to get it quickly to Hong Kong.

Last edited: