Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High mileage Model 3's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kind of funny to start a thread with this title when the cars are so new, but there are always some milage warriors out there. I am interested in anyone with whatever they consider high mileage sharing related stories about how the car is holding up. I'm interested in extrapolating brake wear, tire longevity, squeaks or squeak free experiences, battery degradation, long-term average watt hr per mile, YOU NAME IT! Just start with your current odometer reading and tell us your story. Thanks for sharing your "high" milage info!

Crossed 3,000 the other day. Nothing of note to report other than the minor cosmetic things from delivery and occasional software glitches (had to re-pair my phone for media [not for key] the other day. Just disappeared.).

Eagerly awaiting autopilot controls on the wheel with the latest update ("SEND IT!" --Larry Enticer), and then the wait begins for "keep climate control on" aka camper mode, and Summon.

Reactions: insaneoctane
I would imagine You You Xue's car is highest mileage so far. I know there have been some other cross country trips done by others as well.
Yeah, someone should post to his facebook so he comes to TMC and entertains us here instead.

The wear on his car interior was impressive with all the people in and out. Also, everybody pulling on the emergency door release :D:D:D
But I believe he managed to duct tape it before they broke it.

Just reviving this thread.
Curious to know who has the highest mileage model 3 AWD, and how is your degradation so far. ?

I have 50,000 Km’s or 31,000 miles so far.
I haven’t checked my degradation (because I haven’t driven from 100% down to check actual range.
However, I currently am at about 96% SOC range when charged to 100%

Anyone have higher mileage ?
What’s your range at 100% SOC.

I'm at 32,725 this morning in my 3 that I've had since early May 2018. I just did a 100% charge for my YT video that I linked in the forums here, and it showed 312 miles.

I charge to 90% and do not recharge until I get down around 60-80 miles remaining usually 3-4 days later. That's not always the case, but most of the time.

Reactions: M109Rider
I'm at 32,725 this morning in my 3 that I've had since early May 2018. I just did a 100% charge for my YT video that I linked in the forums here, and it showed 312 miles.

I charge to 90% and do not recharge until I get down around 60-80 miles remaining usually 3-4 days later. That's not always the case, but most of the time.
Nice.

I always charge up to 70% and usually charge when I get down to about 30%. Even with that, I only have to charge maybe once ever 4 or 5 days. I think I've only ever once charged to 100%. If I'm going on a long trip I'll charge to 95%

I’m at 11K in a year (not particularly high mileage, but as you aren’t getting a lot of replies thought I would contribute) and the only issue I have had is the small black triangular piece just in front of the passenger window does not sit flush at the top corner. Tesla Mobile Service replaced it but it’s still not perfect and is slightly proud compared to the driver side piece.

That’s been my only issue. I’ve owned every model of Tesla ever made and the Model 3 is my favorite. It’s an amazing vehicle!

Reactions: M109Rider
I have almost 47,000 km on my AWD. My range at 90% charge is down about 8% (413-416km instead of 449km).

Have you been doing the occasional full cycle of the battery? Run it to 0 (yes, ZERO) km, or very close to it, and then full charge to 100%. Might need to do it once or twice, sounds like the pack isn't balanced. My recent 100% charge for my video was my first 100% charge in 4 or 5 months.

Have you been doing the occasional full cycle of the battery? Run it to 0 (yes, ZERO) km, or very close to it, and then full charge to 100%. Might need to do it once or twice, sounds like the pack isn't balanced. My recent 100% charge for my video was my first 100% charge in 4 or 5 months.

Did it twice after I noticed the drop. Didn't help at all. It did help last year when I had a similar though smaller drop.

This all started since June and it's likely due to new software. Others have seen similar though often smaller drops in the same time frame.

• Informative
Reactions: israndy and Pkmmte
I'm close to 30,000 miles on my LR RWD that I picked up on April 2018. When I picked it up the Service Center had charged it to 100% (showing 308 mile range) for the long 3.5 hour drive back home. I last charged it to 100% last month and it still shows that exact same 308 mile range. I started off charging it to 70% daily for the first 6 months, then switched to 80% daily.

Only real issue I've had was one of my frunk latches failed and it wouldn't fully release the frunk. A mobile service tech replaced the latch in my garage. Other than that, I've had a few small issues that I fixed myself: the black rhombus-shaped piece fell from my charge port door and I epoxied it back; my passenger side mirror triangle piece started separating at the top and I used black RTV sealant to seal it back into place. Other than that, I've had a few software glitches that were fixed by a reboot, deep sleep, or software update.

I replaced the OEM wipers at the 1 year mark, but they were still working well and didn't show any signs of cracking or tearing.
I lubed up my brake hardware last week and will do it every year as recommended for cars that are driven in winter conditions.
I rotate my own tires every 6k to 8k miles.
I am about to replace my cabin air filters soon. I purchased a Kool-It Evaporator and Heater Foam Cleaner spray from an auto parts store and the cabin filters from Tesla service.
I will soon replace my OEM Michelin MXM4 tires because the tread depths are getting close to 3/32nds and 4/32nds. I have a separate set of wheels and tires for winter, so I've driven the OEM tires around 23,000 miles so far.

I have around 34K. I'm seeing unusual discharge behavior over the past few months and don't know if it's hardware or firmware. My car still extrapolates out to close to 320+ miles at full charge, but I am seeing high range drops at the end of my commute. My battery is dropping 12-15 miles of range within the first hour of arriving at work. (I've disabled sentry and cabin overheat). The range used is statistically significantly different from what the trip computer displays even though I hop in and drive. Not sure what is going on but I am recording the data and will be discussing with Tesla once I get a clearer picture of what I am experiencing. Otherwise the car has been wonderful.

I have around 34K. I'm seeing unusual discharge behavior over the past few months and don't know if it's hardware or firmware. My car still extrapolates out to close to 320+ miles at full charge, but I am seeing high range drops at the end of my commute. My battery is dropping 12-15 miles of range within the first hour of arriving at work. (I've disabled sentry and cabin overheat). The range used is statistically significantly different from what the trip computer displays even though I hop in and drive. Not sure what is going on but I am recording the data and will be discussing with Tesla once I get a clearer picture of what I am experiencing. Otherwise the car has been wonderful.

If I’m reading your reply correctly, it is totally normal for the first few miles to get higher consumption. After that, consumption improves.

Reactions: AandWsDad