Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me track down a stealth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was supposed to get a stinger gt1...

That was the car. I watched hours of videos, read tons of articles, it was it! It was the one!

Then, I drove the tesla. As an mx5 nd rf owner, an iron883 rider, I didn't expect the quiet gadget car to win me over.
But it did.

So, in a very uncharacteristic matter, I booked SR+ online without conducting a proper research. Dumb mistake, newbie mistake, I know.

I woke up from my mental comma yesterday, and figured out I booked the wrong car. it's the stealth that fits me best. White ext with black interior. I'm awake since 02:30am since my mind keeps running (well, also a 4 week old daughter:)

I am ready to purchase, I don't require any special approvals, I am located in Austin TX and willing to travel within 600mi radius if need be.

If you come across a stealth that fits my specs, with no invalid BS markups, and would like to help a fellow enthusiast in need - please pm me.

Thanks!

just go down to the showroom and ask the SA to show you the inventory for PERFORMANCE Model 3 ..

the stealth ones are the ones that have 19 or 18" wheels on them..

there is lots of inventory on the east coast .. Minneapolis, Chicage, Cleveland.

I was supposed to get a stinger gt1...

That was the car. I watched hours of videos, read tons of articles, it was it! It was the one!

Then, I drove the tesla. As an mx5 nd rf owner, an iron883 rider, I didn't expect the quiet gadget car to win me over.
But it did.

So, in a very uncharacteristic matter, I booked SR+ online without conducting a proper research. Dumb mistake, newbie mistake, I know.

I woke up from my mental comma yesterday, and figured out I booked the wrong car. it's the stealth that fits me best. White ext with black interior. I'm awake since 02:30am since my mind keeps running (well, also a 4 week old daughter:)

I am ready to purchase, I don't require any special approvals, I am located in Austin TX and willing to travel within 600mi radius if need be.

If you come across a stealth that fits my specs, with no invalid BS markups, and would like to help a fellow enthusiast in need - please pm me.

Thanks!

I know you are new to tesla, but one thing that is nice about the purchasing process (one of the few things thats actually "nice" about that process actually) is that there arent any "BS markups". Tesla doesnt do that. Since they are the manufacturer (not a dealer) they dont have "dealer pack" fees on popular cars like you might find on, say, the new 'vette or the stinger when it first came out.

"Dealer pack" fees are prices charged above "MSRP" (which as we know stands for "manufacturers suggested retail price". Tesla doesnt have "manufacturers SUGGESTED RETAIL price". They just have the price they are offering that car for, and its never above "list" plus the options it has. Sometimes you can get one for less money if it has miles on it (was a demo) as a new car, or if it was a new car that was returned under the 7 day return period for some reason.

So, no worry about BS fees. The issue YOU need to "worry" about is. "stealth performance" cars are SUPER popular, AND can NOT be "ordered" to be built. They show up whenever tesla releases a few. So, no BS fees, but a real difficulty in actually finding one to buy.

Since you are in texas (a place where tesla is not legally able to sell cars) you will need to make contact with someone at a tesla retail location, let them know what you want, and stay after them to find one... and when they find one you will need to be ready to buy THEN, no "I want to see it first", No "I want to drive it first" no "I will get it a week from now because I am busy with XXXXX". You would need to arrange payment and go get it.

IF you can do that, you might find one you can buy, and it really is the sweet spot for model 3s right now. All the power, but no issues with the 20 inch wheels which look really cool but are very susceptible to potholes (I know, I have replaced driver and passenger rims AND tires this year due to hitting a pothole and damaging both, to the tune of over 2k).

So, good luck, I was considering a stinger too to replace my BMW as I was looking for a sweet spot for a good looking car with performance that I felt ok BUYING instead of leasing. Then I test drove a tesla, and was basically "shut up and take my money" last december, just like you sound like you are. Stealth performance didnt exist then but even if it did, I would have bought the performance package because I like the look of the brakes and bigger tires. Having lived with it for a year, and spending 2k+ on damaged rims and tires I still like how they look but would likely buy a stealth if I had to do it all over again.

it really easy to find these -- a tesla sales rep can find them by just looking for Performance Model 3's and select 19 or 18" wheels.

the only difficultyis that the tesla software makes you pick a region too .. so you can't see the entire inventory at once.

3 days ago there was 4 cars with that build in inventory that i had links for .. and now only 1 stil shows up .. so if you truly want this build, you need to jump on this

here is the link

Design Your Model 3 | Tesla

This car is in Cleveland.

Was that a screenshot from Tesla's internal system? My understanding is Stealth's never show up on the public inventory pages, only internal.

Was that a screenshot from Tesla's internal system? My understanding is Stealth's never show up on the public inventory pages, only internal.

no, this is the link my SA shared with me to purchase this car.

-- the car's dont show up on the search page for non-internal .. but the buy link can be used by anyone once you have it.

This stealth is still available -- the other 3 links my SA gave me stopped working, which means that car is no longer in inventory ..

A fellow forum member helped me to track down one!!!
I'm so excited!

Gonna sort out the payment and make arrangements to pick it up, it's a 1800mi drive and I have a 4 week-old at home without family support, so I'll try to find an enclosed shipping service, if there's something that won't break the bank (more that it's going to be broke by that T... ) it will be preferable compared to the option of leaving my wife alone.

If not, well, gonna have one serious roadtrip & bonding time with the stealth! :D

A fellow forum member helped me to track down one!!!
I'm so excited!

Gonna sort out the payment and make arrangements to pick it up, it's a 1800mi drive and I have a 4 week-old at home without family support, so I'll try to find an enclosed shipping service, if there's something that won't break the bank (more that it's going to be broke by that T... ) it will be preferable compared to the option of leaving my wife alone.

If not, well, gonna have one serious roadtrip & bonding time with the stealth! :D

just pay tesla $2k to move the car and its done.. simple

no, this is the link my SA shared with me to purchase this car.

-- the car's dont show up on the search page for non-internal .. but the buy link can be used by anyone once you have it.

This stealth is still available -- the other 3 links my SA gave me stopped working, which means that car is no longer in inventory ..

I gotta get one closer. It seems Tesla is building for USA now, and some have shown up locally. Hopefully Tesla will produce a smattering of Stealths for my region. I'll be scoping and hoping, and bugging my local showroom.

Either way, I'm confident of owning a Model 3 in a few weeks, or sooner. If I land a Stealth, great! If I end up with an LR/AWD, also great! I'm a big believer that the Universe is always perfect, so whatever happens is the ideal result.

Oh and if anyone have recommendation for said shipping service, please send a pm!

Agreed, Tesla shipment is the best and most secure option. They would be responsible for any issues that arise due to shipment. They are also the most expensive. You could pay someone to flat bed the car. Or you could pay next to nothing to have someone drive it to you (I'm betting many would jump at the chance for a free road trip in a Model 3). Either of these expose massive logistic and security issues.

Or, you could fly one way and drive back. What a great trip that would be! If you can at all swing it... DO IT!

IF you can do that, you might find one you can buy, and it really is the sweet spot for model 3s right now. All the power, but no issues with the 20 inch wheels which look really cool but are very susceptible to potholes (I know, I have replaced driver and passenger rims AND tires this year due to hitting a pothole and damaging both, to the tune of over 2k).

So, good luck, I was considering a stinger too to replace my BMW as I was looking for a sweet spot for a good looking car with performance that I felt ok BUYING instead of leasing. Then I test drove a tesla, and was basically "shut up and take my money" last december, just like you sound like you are. Stealth performance didnt exist then but even if it did, I would have bought the performance package because I like the look of the brakes and bigger tires. Having lived with it for a year, and spending 2k+ on damaged rims and tires I still like how they look but would likely buy a stealth if I had to do it all over again.

Good points all, but have you ever considered swapping with another owner to get smaller rims? I bet there are some who's rather have 20 inch wheels and would happily swap with you. You probably won't recover the extra cost of larger rims, but you'd end up with something you'd be happier with.

Good points all, but have you ever considered swapping with another owner to get smaller rims? I bet there are some who's rather have 20 inch wheels and would happily swap with you. You probably won't recover the extra cost of larger rims, but you'd end up with something you'd be happier with.

The smaller OEM 18s and 19s do not fit unfortunately bc of the larger brake calipers on the Performance with PUP.

• Informative
Reactions: dandrewk
3 days ago there was 4 cars with that build in inventory that i had links for .. and now only 1 stil shows up .. so if you truly want this build, you need to jump on this

here is the link

Design Your Model 3 | Tesla

This car is in Cleveland.

Is this a performance model?
How much is the price difference for the 19in wheels?
My price was almost the same and I have 18in in blue.

its a nice idea but I am going to live with it until the referral model 3 wheels I earned under the old referral program come in and go from there... and yeah as said the smaller wheels do not fit over the brake calipers on the Performance with upgrade pack.

I could always take off the brakes too... but I paid extra for all that stuff and im gonna use it!! :p (lol)

Reactions: dandrewk
I'm considering a SR (for price) or a Sleeper... What do you guys think would be a reasonable price for a used Sleeper with around 15-20k miles?

I had the chance earlier this week to buy one at wholesale auction. The Sleeper was a 2018 and Blue, sold for $43k. I'm kicking myself a bit, seems like a pretty good price. I would of had to pay to ship the car, which is around the same cost as Tesla's delivery fee.

Also, I live in Hawaii. If I can't custom order the Stealth anymore then will I have to pay to have the car shipped to me here?