Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me finalize color choice! Blue vs White vs Red

Which color?

• White

Votes: 81 29.3%
  • Blue

Votes: 98 35.5%
  • Red

Votes: 97 35.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After ordering, but before delivery, yes, but if the price went up, you would have to pay the new price.

After delivery, changing the interior color is likely to be a significant amount of trouble and cost.
Tesla's blue just doesn't look that good except in direct sunlight. My vote is for red, it's probably Tesla's best looking paint color (and rarest if you like being different), followed by MSM (as others have said, it wears well and looks good though it was better with the chrome trim) and then white. I bought white/white with the intention of wrapping in a better blue and I feel that worked for me, but the wrap definitely didn't make it a good financial choice - but when is a new car ever?
Wait hold up your exact blue is what I wanted to wrap my car in. I was thinking of getting MSM/Black and then wrapping it in that blue.

Second choice rn is just getting red and not having to go through the hassle of wrapping it. Is yours a vinyl wrap? Kind of looks like 3M Gloss fire blue or Avery blue, but not sure. I tried googling tesla blue wrap and that came up

3DD1049B-262F-4D5F-8353-0714FD62037F.png

Last edited:
Wait hold up your exact blue is what I wanted to wrap my car in. I was thinking of getting MSM/Black and then wrapping it in that blue.

Second choice rn is just getting red and not having to go through the hassle of wrapping it. Is yours a vinyl wrap? Kind of looks like 3M Gloss fire blue or Avery blue, but not sure. I tried googling tesla blue wrap and that came up

Yes, mine's wrapped in 3M Gloss Fire Blue - I think it would go well on top of MSM/Black if you went that route. Could live with MSM until you decide you want a new color, then pay a bit to change up the color and have something louder, and could always go back. Red will look great, too, so you really can't go wrong with the options you're looking at.

Yes, mine's wrapped in 3M Gloss Fire Blue - I think it would go well on top of MSM/Black if you went that route. Could live with MSM until you decide you want a new color, then pay a bit to change up the color and have something louder, and could always go back. Red will look great, too, so you really can't go wrong with the options you're looking at.

My thoughts exactly. I think MSM might be the move because wrapping on top of MSM will look better than if I get red and change my mind, given that MSM door jambs are “basically” black.

Red looks great in certain lighting, blue looks drab and white overall best in all conditions
Yeah that’s the only downside I see with red. Most of the time in the cloudy PNW, it’s never impressed me. But in showroom lights I was like WOW.

I also feel like it fades over time? Like gets a more light red? Idk maybe I’m wrong

I do like white, probably as much if not more than MSM, only downside is 99.43% of tesla owners have white.

Reactions: Nick11
Yeah that’s the only downside I see with red. Most of the time in the cloudy PNW, it’s never impressed me. But in showroom lights I was like WOW.

I also feel like it fades over time? Like gets a more light red? Idk maybe I’m wrong

I do like white, probably as much if not more than MSM, only downside is 99.43% of tesla owners have white.
Red doesn’t fade much tbh. Multi coat and thicker…better overall resilience. And if you of or wax it, it will maintain.

I never liked white cars for most of my life. But my wife actually wanted white with a black interior, and I thought about it and decided that it was not only $2000 cheaper, but it didn't really look bad on a small car. Plus it's probably the safest color for visibility. Plus who needs to attract more attention of thieves and cops anyway. My friends actually don't care what color car I drive, and I mainly just care about how it looks inside.

So we got white; it looks great. It's easy to keep clean IMO. Doesn't seem to show dirt very easily. I've washed it 3 or 4 times in the past year, but I mostly just clean the glass, which is mostly what gets dirty here in the Calif Bay Area, with no snow or mud (unfortunately).

And did I mention the $2000 we saved? :cool:
Yep I’m getting white with black interior thanks for the info

Reactions: Marty3SR+
I never liked white cars for most of my life. But my wife actually wanted white with a black interior, and I thought about it and decided that it was not only $2000 cheaper, but it didn't really look bad on a small car. Plus it's probably the safest color for visibility. Plus who needs to attract more attention of thieves and cops anyway. My friends actually don't care what color car I drive, and I mainly just care about how it looks inside.

So we got white; it looks great. It's easy to keep clean IMO. Doesn't seem to show dirt very easily. I've washed it 3 or 4 times in the past year, but I mostly just clean the glass, which is mostly what gets dirty here in the Calif Bay Area, with no snow or mud (unfortunately).

And did I mention the $2000 we saved? :cool:
Actually thieves are more likely to steal cars that can make them get away unnoticed. Statistically it’s green and black.

Out of those colors...the only one possible is white.
White is not a color. Neither is black or grey or silver. Tesla offers two colors for those of us that are not color blind or color unaware, blue and red. Both are nice.

I guess I just don't understand the love for white, but it is the option most people pick. To me, it is boring. You look at a parking lot and all you see is a herd of black and grey and white cars, with maybe one blue and one red off in the corner. I guess most folks like the old black and white movies and photos, right? They save a ton of money not having to buy color film or color cameras. I have an old Brownie camera someone might want.

Both the blue and red look great when clean and in bright sunlight; otherwise they're a bit drab. Frankly, I don't like the Tesla colors. Now Mazda Soul Red - there's a color! Anyway, my wife and grandchildren convinced me to go red. Picked up my M3LR RMC earlier this month. Pic below immediately after wash/polish/ceramic coat on an overcast day.
MOdel 3.jpg

White is not a color. Neither is black or grey or silver. Tesla offers two colors for those of us that are not color blind or color unaware, blue and red. Both are nice.

I guess I just don't understand the love for white, but it is the option most people pick. To me, it is boring. You look at a parking lot and all you see is a herd of black and grey and white cars, with maybe one blue and one red off in the corner. I guess most folks like the old black and white movies and photos, right? They save a ton of money not having to buy color film or color cameras. I have an old Brownie camera someone might want.

If the red and blue were better looking a lot more would like the "color(s)". Not sure if it is cheap looking as much as juvenile. To me it looks like colors Huffy bicycles use to come in. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited: