Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you seen this Technical Service Bulletin?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't see anything more on that site than nhtsa.

On that page..........

NHTSA's feed only includes summaries. For the full text of TSBs:

Get a 1 year subscription for only $19.95 from ALLDATAdiy! Use Code DIYDISCOUNT. Click here now!
SENITk9PTU5DR0xPTE5LQ0dKRk9LTw

...that said, if there was anyway to download the actual TSB, then we'd know for sure.

Does anybody want to see it badly enough to pay $100? If so, you can see all of the Service Bulletins along with all the other service information at service.teslamotors.com. It's now available to all U.S. residents (it was formerly restricted to residents of Massachusetts).

The interesting thing is my car (2013 Model S - manufactured June 2013) fits in the manufacture date of this TSB. I have an appt next week and asked about having them replaced and mentioned this TSB. I was told my VIN was not affected.

Just noticed this at the bottom of the TSB: NOTE: This is a simplified summary of the affected VIN list. Refer to the VIN/Bulletin Tracker or Customer/Vehicle profile to determine applicability of this bulletin for a particular vehicle.

When a Service Bulletin is created, there is either a specific list of individual affected vehicles (affected VINs), or the issue affects all vehicles (or all vehicles with certain options) that passed through a particular point on the assembly line from date X to date Y. A list of affected VINs is uploaded to an internal system when the Service Bulletin is released, and the Service Advisor uses one of the tools mentioned above to see if your car is on the list or not.

The approximate date range was added to the body of the Service Bulletin so people without access to those tools (e.g., general customers, curious people in this thread, third party repairers) can see at a glance that their car isn't affected if it's outside the date range shown.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP and neroden
I'm not too familiar with the TSB bulletins. I recently switched in my 2014 P85 on which I had to pay to have rear and front control arms changed. Would I be admissible for a certain reimbursement or am I wasting my time?

I'm not too familiar with the TSB bulletins. I recently switched in my 2014 P85 on which I had to pay to have rear and front control arms changed. Would I be admissible for a certain reimbursement or am I wasting my time?
I'd be asking why you were not called in for an urgent free replacement of these defective parts.
Excessive negative camber?
I should freaking coco!
wompy99.JPG

The short answer is no, since it sounds like your car was out of warranty at the time of the repair.

Recalls apply to all affected vehicles at no cost to the customer, no matter the warranty status, but Service Bulletins are just diagnosis and repair instructions for specific known problems. With a few rare exceptions that are usually mentioned in the Service Bulletin introduction, the repair is billed the same as if the technician diagnosed the problem and devised the solution themselves. Theoretically, the charge should be less than it would be otherwise because the technician doesn't have to spend as much time diagnosing and figuring out the parts to replace--the Service Bulletin shortcuts that process.

The Service Bulletins that say "Classification: Campaign Bulletin" in the header are to be performed on any affected car that comes into the Service Center for any reason (assuming the car is covered by a warranty; otherwise they should be recommended to the customer as a customer-pay repair). The ones that say "Classification: Repair Bulletin" are to be performed only if the technician thinks it's appropriate based on their diagnosis or the customer's complaint.

• Informative
Reactions: Nick B and GSP