Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone tried out this Model S center console yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought one and tried it for about 5 minutes, then took it out again. It wasn't poorly made, but the look and feel was not up to Tesla standards. To my eye, it looked out of place in the car. Others may feel differently, but that was my take.

Dan

To reply to my own post, I put an offer in for the console, and I assume I will purchase it shortly. For 60 bucks-ish, it's worth a try. The guys said I could return it if I didn't like it.

I'll report back in about a week when I get it.

If I recall, you are using an office supply store mesh bin currently to put your supplies in? If so, I appreciate your thoughts as that was my plan for the time being until I see a Tesla front console in person.

I just ordered one as well. The seller accepted my offer of 55.00. At that price point i can live with something sub optimal until Tesla gets around to producing the matching version.

I just don't understand why Tesla just doesn't sub out the console to another vendor there is demand for them.

He-he.....you should have offered $50 :)

edit: just got an e-mail that it shipped this morning. I ordered it last night.

Last edited:
If I recall, you are using an office supply store mesh bin currently to put your supplies in? If so, I appreciate your thoughts as that was my plan for the time being until I see a Tesla front console in person.

Got home today and installed the console I purchased on eBay here for $50 plus $10-ish shipping.

I like it, especially considering what I paid for it and for the fact that I would never really pay 100s of dollars for an OEM or high-end center console. Taking it out of the box, it's made of a tough, flexible plastic and I thought it looked a bit cheap- especially viewing it from the sides. When you put it in the car, however, you can't really see the sides. You only really see the top of it. I have the Tesla black WeatherTech floor mats, and it kind of matches them in texture when viewed from above. The access door on top has some sort of material that makes it look like leather, which doesn't look bad. The cup holders are plastic like the whole unit. There are coin holders and a little slot to drop your keys into or a cell phone or whatever. The whole console sort of clicks into place. You just push/slide it into the opening between the two seats and under the touchscreen. Once installed, I still have free access to the USB ports and the cigarette lighter.

I took a few pictures which hopefully will show up below. They're not much different than what you can get on the eBay site, but it's another perspective. One problem I see with the unit is that when you slide the door open to access the interior of the console, it's dark and it can be hard to see what's inside there, even with daylight. I purchased a battery powered LED light here on Amazon that I am going to stick under the lid so that it will illuminate the interior when I stick my hand in. I'm currently using three of these same lights in my trunk and frunk, and they work great.

20150520_161409.jpg
20150520_161425.jpg
20150520_161436.jpg
20150520_161451.jpg
20150520_161501.jpg
20150520_172408.jpg
20150520_172416.jpg
20150520_172450.jpg
20150520_173001.jpg