Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone repaired cooling louvers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Aliexpress order has been shipped and I got a picture of the content. Waiting for delivery across the world to confirm everything is legit.
very nice!
Today I made the thermal test, it seems both the left and right shutters and the condenser shutters are bad. Will have to take the front bumper and ckeck it out!

Attachments

• IMG_20230709_233852.jpg
    IMG_20230709_233852.jpg
    443.1 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_20230709_233907.jpg
    IMG_20230709_233907.jpg
    409.3 KB · Views: 85
very nice!
Today I made the thermal test, it seems both the left and right shutters and the condenser shutters are bad. Will have to take the front bumper and ckeck it out!
I would suggest you start with fuse box since it's the easiest to check. Then perhaps you can find a verified working actuator/relay to see if that's the issue by swapping your current one for the good one. If all else checks out then I suppose the actual louver motors might be bad and need replacement.

Reactions: Splat
I would suggest you start with fuse box since it's the easiest to check. Then perhaps you can find a verified working actuator/relay to see if that's the issue by swapping your current one for the good one. If all else checks out then I suppose the actual louver motors might be bad and need replacement.
Nice. Thanks for the input.
Can you tell me where can I find the right fuse box, the one that control the louvers?
cheers

Nice. Thanks for the input.
Can you tell me where can I find the right fuse box, the one that control the louvers?
cheers

I believe the louvers are tied to fuse F22 - Thermal Systems Control (fuse box 1) so pulling the fuse and waiting a minute before reinstalling might reset the system, but if your fans aren't moving either you ought to look at fuses 71 & 72 which are the radiator/condenser fans (fuse box 3):

Good luck and keep us updated.

Hello all, thanks to one TMC user I have successfully managed to get into Factory mode and also run the Toolbox. So I tried to run louvers calibration procedure and also Angle fix procedure, both without solving the problem. Interesting is, when I ran the calibration sequence, all of the louvers opened/closed smoothly, but Toolbox reported failure. So the communication seems to be working only one direction ECU=>louver, but not in another. My assumption is maybe some communication wire interrupted, internal problem in the actuator or SW problem which is not possible to solve by Toolbox. Will try to beep the wiring + inspect one of the actuators inside.. No other ideas so far..