Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone received a 100D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a 100D (Model X) on 1/20 -- it was actually a change order from a 90D that I'd ordered on 12/8 or thereabouts. Yesterday I received a Your Vehicle has Started Production email. Today I received a Your Vehicle has Completed Production email, with a delivery window of 3/21 to 4/4.

I traded in a 90D (AP1) in early January, and will be paying the balance when I pick up the 100D -- not before. The lack of information on when the 100Ds will be released to buyers is a little frustrating, and I'm hoping that gets resolved soon...

Did you manage to keep free s charging?

Our DS promised to call the moment the hold was released - and that we would be the first 100D delivered from their service center. Our car is cleaned and prepped, and kept inside - ready for us to pick it up.

And yet... No call...

Our S 100D hostage crisis will enter the 21st day tomorrow...

Our DS promised to call the moment the hold was released - and that we would be the first 100D delivered from their service center. Our car is cleaned and prepped, and kept inside - ready for us to pick it up.

And yet... No call...

Our S 100D hostage crisis will enter the 21st day tomorrow...
What's their reason for the delay, now that the EPA hold has supposedly been released?

I would guess a lot depends on when Tesla got official notification of the hold being lifted. They may not have gotten notified until too late in the day to get window stickers printed up and out to service centers. I would expect at least a couple of days until 100Ds start moving.

If there are any service centers with large enough format printers to print up the window cards, Tesla HQ might just send out files that can be printed locally. The window card would require a fairly large format printer or possibly a plotter to print. The Tesla label looks like a B sized sheet, which is 11 X 17 inches (the EPA minimum dimensions are 178mm X 114mm). There are laser printers out there that will print B sized sheets, but they tend to be somewhat more expensive than the standard 8 1/2 X 11 and 8 1/2 X 14 sheet printers. They are common in any office that needs to do graphics on sheets larger than standard paper.

I'll be reaching out to our DS first thing in the morning, and see if there is any way we can get our car delivered tomorrow.

So far, no notification from Tesla's delivery group or our DS about any change in the delivery hold.

Since we thought we were going to be picking the car up two weeks ago, we had transitioned our S P85 to my wife, so I could get the Jaguar ready to trade-in. And after driving the Jaguar for 2 weeks, I'm ready for the S 100D...

PLEASE, let this end - tomorrow...

Because our car is already prepped and we've done the inspection of the car, all that's left is to a quick inspection to verify nothing changed and then execute the paperwork - likely 15 minutes. So as soon as Tesla is ready to give us the paperwork - we should be good-to-go, and will try to get it done this afternoon.

In Texas, paying for cars is more complicated because the Tesla Service Center can't actually sell us the car - we are buying a car from Tesla in California, and the local Service Center is only providing assistance in the delivery of the car. We can't pay them any money directly - so the payment has to be made electronically to Tesla via their website, because we can take possession of the car.

For my first car, when the nearest Service Center was in Denver, at the beginning of 2013, our car delivery was like buying any major product on Amazon. The order was placed on the internet, payment was made before the product was shipped, and UPS delivered to our front door (OK, it wasn't a big brown truck, UPS had subcontracted the transport to someone else). I'll admit there was considerable angst about giving Tesla over $100K for a car I hadn't even seen, and the delivery would be done without anyone from Tesla (and then the transport hit a deer in west Texas, ...). But everything worked out well that time...

With our S 100D, Tesla has made a lot of progress - and the local Service Center is making the delivery process much better. We're planning to make the electronic payment while we're at the Service Center, after we've completed our final inspection, and before we start executing the paperwork. As soon as the Tesla website confirms the EFT has been completed, they should be ready to give us the car.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo and Pinot.Noir
No reason to ever pay before you pickup the car. Bring a check (yours and the bank if any) and pass it over after you inspect the car and they pass you the keys.

I can't imagine paying that much money in advance of taking delivery.

Tesla suggests prepay as an option but definitely not necessary or prudent.
We were told that we would have to make the payment before picking up the car, so we can sit in the parking lot and hit the "make payment" button, then go inside. Our DS also told us that they can now take care of the registration and license plates for us (just stated this service in Houston), so we will submit the total payment, including TT&L, just like we would do at any other car dealer.

We're planning to make the electronic payment while we're at the Service Center, after we've completed our final inspection, and before we start executing the paperwork. As soon as the Tesla website confirms the EFT has been completed, they should be ready to give us the car.

You may want to confirm your specific form of EFT with your DS as the term EFT covers many payment options, and not all options are real time delivery of the money, but rather batched for end of day processing. We had to return the next day to pick up the car, since Finance could not confirm immediate good funds. Disappointing but understandably, Tesla wanted real time funds in exchange for the car. With the next car, we've arranged for an actual wire which is most reliable and able to be confirmed by Tesla Finance within 10 minutes or so.

You may want to confirm your specific form of EFT with your DS as the term EFT covers many payment options, and not all options are real time delivery of the money, but rather batched for end of day processing. We had to return the next day to pick up the car, since Finance could not confirm immediate good funds. Disappointing but understandably, Tesla wanted real time funds in exchange for the car. With the next car, we've arranged for an actual wire which is most reliable and able to be confirmed by Tesla Finance within 10 minutes or so.
Good to know, thanks!

I was told by the DS all they would need is confirmation that we had completed the transaction on their website, and that we could do it while we were at the Service Center (we probably have to bring our own device though).

Hope to reach our DS this morning and work through the details.

Since they can now process the Texas registration and sales tax and do the inspection, the only other detail is getting the EZ Tag - which I can't do until Tesla can give me the temporary license plate number - which they can't do until delivery day.

This is much easier than my first delivery in early 2013 - when I had to make multiple trips to the county tax office to pay the sales tax and get the license plates - plus the hilarious visit to the local state inspection place that hadn't seen a Tesla before and were looking for the exhaust and engine...

Confirmed the hold has been released - at least in Texas, and we'll be taking delivery this afternoon.

Also confirmed Tesla would prefer payment to be made before we arrive at the Service Center, because Tesla is not a dealership and can't sell us a car from their Texas locations.

At least this time, I've seen the car, unlike 4 years ago when I paid for the car before it left the factory...

Confirmed the hold has been released - at least in Texas, and we'll be taking delivery this afternoon.

Also confirmed Tesla would prefer payment to be made before we arrive at the Service Center, because Tesla is not a dealership and can't sell us a car from their Texas locations.

At least this time, I've seen the car, unlike 4 years ago when I paid for the car before it left the factory...
That's great! Got a call from our DS this morning that our car would be at the DC in a couple of hours. He said they would make sure everything was okay, and detail it tomorrow. Can't wait for Thursday to go and pick it up!

Reactions: roguenode
I just got an "update" on "MyTesla." I've been moved from "March or early April" to "May or early June." I'm crushed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 2.36.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 2.36.04 PM.png
    550.6 KB · Views: 66