Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone encountered this issue ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi friends ! Recently my 2015 model S has been opening my sunroof when I click the right steering wheel button to access my phone list. I have to use my Tesla app to close the sunroof, as using the main function screen just flip flops from the sun roof opening to the vent opening. I'm wondering if I can correct this annoying issue by performing a hard re-boot. Any suggestions ?
Thanks, Rick Moses.

Hi friends ! Recently my 2015 model S has been opening my sunroof when I click the right steering wheel button to access my phone list. I have to use my Tesla app to close the sunroof, as using the main function screen just flip flops from the sun roof opening to the vent opening. I'm wondering if I can correct this annoying issue by performing a hard re-boot. Any suggestions ?
Thanks, Rick Moses.
Update: I performed a soft re-boot, and the roof will now close using the main screen, however when I press the right steering wheel button to access my phone list, the screen immediately goes to the sunroof function. I can't access my phone list as I always have in the past.

Upvote 0
Update: I performed a soft re-boot, and the roof will now close using the main screen, however when I press the right steering wheel button to access my phone list, the screen immediately goes to the sunroof function. I can't access my phone list as I always have in the past.
Problem solved ! Ignorance is bliss. There is a button below the right steering wheel scroll that has three lines one above the other. By pressing that button it shows which device you are currently using ie: contacts, sun roof, etc..... Mine was highlighted on the sunroof function, so whenever I pressed the right scroll wheel, it took me to the sunroof function. I learned something new today, and that's a good thing. I hope this helps someone else in the future if you encounter this issue....

Upvote 0
There's a multitude of different options you can set to the right scroll wheel. Also can set it to control temperature, or fan level. I actually tend to move my to sun roof at times as the single push is handy at times for opening, but you can also scroll the wheel to move the sunroof to any position you want, such as the vent setting.

My memory is that functionality has been there since I first took delivery of my MS almost 7 years ago.

Upvote 0