Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Harris Ranch (CA Hwy 5) charge spot unveiling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How was it at French Camp RV ? $5 ? Have you used EVChargerMaps.com to leave comments ?

(excuse all the lower case 'c's ... my keyboard is rebelling)

They charged me $15 [frown], but the charge was a steady 40amp (vs. castaic which seemed to fluctuate between 17 and 40 at will). I had a small chair that I keep in the trunk (smaller than a roll of paper towels), a small cooler with drinks/cheese/crackers/fruit, and a good book. And a shady spot under a tree. So no complaints. Still cheaper than a tank of gas.

The RVers at castaic were far more friendly than French camp - sad to say that at castaic, many had lost their homes in the housing freefall and were living there. They were curious about the car, came over to talk, etc. At French camp, it was decidedly more upscale RVs and they were very uninterested in the charging electric car. -shrug-

I meant to log on to leave comments, but got wrapped up in cleaning bugs off the front of the car ... but will. Thanks for the reminder.

You could probably still pull the logs.

but then you'd have evidence of my inability to always keep the car at 60 ... a LOT of evidence. :)

It was always a mental game of 'if you play now, you'll have to charge longer ... but I don't want to sit between these trucks ... if you accelerate for just a little while, it won't make a difference' ... and so on.

Bonnie - What's this "paper towel" chair you have? Link?

I linked it in the message, but maybe it didn't post properly ... try this: Alite Monarch Butterfly Chair - Free Shipping at REI.com .

You literally balance on those two points, but with your feet on the ground, it's surprisingly stable and comfortable. (Stable enough that I've drifted off to sleep in it.) And it keeps you off the ground.

And I'm not really grumpy. I just was adding a little dramatic license. Overall this trip has been easy - by tomorrow I'll have put about 1200 miles on my car. Never once have I worried about getting to the next charger. I've met a lot of nice people on this trip, all curious about electric, expressing surprise that an electric car could be so far from home without issue.

Next trip, Seattle.

Sort of related article on Range Anxiety