Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow 9” screen update file

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Justin Shulman , here is a link to a Google Doc where I'll be putting links to the various mcc versions I have. I list v0.3.8 and v.0.3.13 (a few weeks old). I'll add older files later today. Clicking on a link will open up the google drive interface which will let you download the files. I get these from Hansshow and my document explains how I reach Hansshow too.
Thanks! I'm trying to figure out the problem I upgraded to 0.3.6 which broke my screens orientation. Not sure if it's because it's the 10.26 inch version or if its because its sold by a different company on amazon. I'm fairly certain its hannsshow, identical and takes the firmware.

That update fixed the headlights and normal brights, but "temporary" brights (pushing the left stalk forward) and the Fog Lights indicator still don't work. Hopefully Hansshow will fix those in a future update.

I'd also love it if the middle vehicle display would stay on the last one I chose instead of requiring me to switch to the tire pressure one (plus change Bar to PSI) every time I drive.

Finally, it's a shame that screen doesn't show what I'm playing from my Tesla (Radio, Streaming, USB, etc.) I don't use it for Car Play or Android Auto, so this would be a significant feature improvement for me if if Hansshow added it. (I don't use it because the display completely takes over my iPhone's WiFi when I get in the car, killing my connection to Home WiFi when I'm in the garage. We don't have a meaningful cellular signal near my house, so my phone becomes useless when the Hansshow takes over the connection. And it won't let me connect/disconnect manually. Such a friggin' pain... so I don't use it for pairing my phone.)

Reactions: KurtSanders
That update fixed the headlights and normal brights, but "temporary" brights (pushing the left stalk forward) and the Fog Lights indicator still don't work. Hopefully Hansshow will fix those in a future update.

I'd also love it if the middle vehicle display would stay on the last one I chose instead of requiring me to switch to the tire pressure one (plus change Bar to PSI) every time I drive.

Finally, it's a shame that screen doesn't show what I'm playing from my Tesla (Radio, Streaming, USB, etc.) I don't use it for Car Play or Android Auto, so this would be a significant feature improvement for me if if Hansshow added it. (I don't use it because the display completely takes over my iPhone's WiFi when I get in the car, killing my connection to Home WiFi when I'm in the garage. We don't have a meaningful cellular signal near my house, so my phone becomes useless when the Hansshow takes over the connection. And it won't let me connect/disconnect manually. Such a friggin' pain... so I don't use it for pairing my phone.)
Try locking the doors on the car and that will force the screen to turn off. I found my Android auto still connected to the screen even after leaving the car and working from a room nearby, The only fix I found is to force the doors on the car to lock which shuts the screen off.

Gonna hijack here, I just installed one of these (the new 4G one with the front camera). Everything seems to be working...BUT, all the music comes through the Tesla phone speaker (seems like the center speaker and no where else). This includes just streaming from the Tesla itself with the display turned off. The audio settings are greyed out on the balance settings (the circle is grey and I can move it but going to the rear mutes everything).
Not sure if I might of unplugged something else but anyone else come across something like this?

Gonna hijack here, I just installed one of these (the new 4G one with the front camera). SNIP
Post your question in the thread listed below which is dedicated to the product you are asking about. This thread is for a totally different product which uses different hardware and operating system. Use the "watch" thread option to get future notifications.

Last edited:
Reactions: pookguy
@ElectricAnt54

Do you confirm, there is no fix yet for the audio music and just the workarount pause/play to change the music source ?

It's a shame that hansshow did not work on a firmware or something to solve the problem
Hi @Balrogard , I do not know. I stopped using the 9” hansshow for CarPlay a few months ago & switched to open source tesla-android which puts CarPlay in center console’s tesla browser app via a single rasberry pi setup you put together yourself. it is fun like adult legos. tesla-android didn’t require that I often manually push play on Bluetooth audio source. perhaps once every few days in the morning if My wife was last driver, she likes to use the tesla FM radio app So car is set to radio when I get inside. The experience is nothing like hansshow unit where I remember having to push play/pause multiple times during the same driving session.

Here are my tesla-android help pages which might clear up any questions.

Here is the project’s Reddit community.

Hello, is there an update file for the below ? Also, I am having trouble connecting to BT-TSLA, everytime i try to connect it says connection failed. What am I missing?

Attachments

• MCU.jpg
    MCU.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 193
Mine came with MCU. V0.3.17 but somehow when I download the new theme/graphic and got revert back to v0.3.16
I am still figure out how to get the phone call route directly to Tesla speaker.

Question: Does anyone know how to switch back and forth for the graphic on the 9" screen? I tries to click and hold the right button on steering wheel but no luck. Or do I have to download it again if I need to switch it back? I saw the 10.25" screen, you are able to switch back and forth to choose the graphic.

c
Correct. I can direct message you the links they gave me via this forum or you can get in touch with Hansshow using the info in the message thread listed below:
“Contact Hansshow's Screen display technician via Whatsapp, he can help you. +86 130 4421 9654 this is the WhatsApp number”

Hello, can you please DM me the links as well. If you have any recent upgrade please do share as well. thanks.

I chatted with Hansshow console support & described the issue of callers hearing their last words echoed back 1.25 seconds later. I mentioned I am using v0.3.6 console firmware and asked if v0.3.7 corrects the issue. They gave me a link to v0.3.7 firmware & upgrade instructions.
Hansshow’s response suggests v0.3.7 has same issue. “During a call, manually select Tesla instead of hansshow display from phone settings.” . This works. I set my iPhone to automatically route call audio to the Bluetooth speaker device. Which seems to route it to Tesla automatically. I also set the Tesla to use the phone as Bluetooth source rather than hansshow but this adds the quirk of having to push play within Tesla usb audio source gui to force audio from Hans show speaker to Tesla (Siri output will come from hansshow console).
Hey could I please have the link to update file?