Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guess who just got pulled over??? This loser!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BLKMDL3

Supporting Member
Ok, It finally happened. We rolled a stop sign and they got us for no front plate. Nothing about tints but have to go show them that I put the plate on. So, heres the plan. Gonna go there with the plate on with adhesive, pull out of the police station and immediately pull it off while parked outside of the precinct. Glad they didn't get us for tints because they are dark and don't want to take em off. Running one plate on both the X and 3. People, be respectful to the police, they are just doing their job. Heres some beauty shots of my two front plateless beauties.
Zack
IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0343 2.jpg
IMG_0336.jpg

Apply 3M scotchguard film to front bumper in a piece the size of a license plate. Apply front bracket (keeping the liner that is applied to the double-sided tape) & plate to film. Get signed off for fix-it ticket. Remove plate bracket, reapply storage film for double-sided tape to repeat later if needed.

No points for guessing how I know this works and is in fact that easy ;)

He/She didn't ticket you for rolling the stop sign? That's a $300+ ticket + traffic school unless you want insurance to go up. The no front plate is like a $27 ticket? As for the front tint, when you get pulled over, just roll down both front windows before the officer walked up. Unless he/she was pulling you over for the tint, he/she is not going to ask you to roll up the windows and take a look at your tint.

Holly smokes! Look how small that Model 3 looks next to the Model X. Likely just camera angle but at first I thought it was a Radio Flyer Model S.
It is also the camera angle, and the X looks massive since it is lowered and it sits almost at the height of the 3 because the 3 is pretty high. From this angle the 3 looks bigger
IMG_0345 2.jpg

From this angle you can see the real size.
IMG_0349.jpg

Other than the chrome delete, is the car the original black from the factory? I am leaning towards ordering black but keep reading how poor the Tesla black paint is (I think I am just getting sucked into the FUD).

How do you like the paint?

Maybe it's just me, but...

Gonna go there with the plate on with adhesive, pull out of the police station and immediately pull it off while parked outside of the precinct.
...and...
People, be respectful to the police, they are just doing their job.
...seem to be in opposition. The least you could do is go around the corner. If I was a cop and saw you do it right in front like that, I'd tap you on the shoulder and give you another ticket!

1-Adam-12, clear!