Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group Buy for FOBO Tire Plus - $30 or $50 off, plus free express shipping ($20 value)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I already emailed Andy with my info, but for those people keeping a separate count, I'm in for 2 now, not 3.

And if anyone is, in fact, keeping a separate count, you may be interested to know that the official count, of people who have actually PM'd me their email address, is twelve definite purchases at either price, and four additional at the 25+ price. So "officially" we're up to 16, but that doesn't include a bunch of people who posted that they were in, but have not PM'd me yet.

Edit: I just went through and took notes on who has indicated intent but not PM'd me yet. If all of those people follow through, we'd be at exactly 25 units as of right now. I guess I will start PM-ing those people.

Last edited:
The reason I asked for the plus verses the prior version is I have been running the prior version on 21" staggered since December. One of my sensors got damaged, so I was going to order a replacement for $35 until I saw the plus model. Was trying to decide between ordering the replacement sensor, or paying for a whole new plus unit. Since December I have been running the 21"s at 45 psi and despite taking a couple highway trips have never gone beyond the 50 PSI limit.

The reason I asked for the plus verses the prior version is I have been running the prior version on 21" staggered since December. One of my sensors got damaged, so I was going to order a replacement for $35 until I saw the plus model. Was trying to decide between ordering the replacement sensor, or paying for a whole new plus unit. Since December I have been running the 21"s at 45 psi and despite taking a couple highway trips have never gone beyond the 50 PSI limit.

I'm not certain, but you may be able to buy the Plus as part of the group buy, and then just pay an extra $35 for the extra sensor, and have them shipped together, and save on the shipping. I'd check with FOBO on that if that is something you'd be interested in.

We have reached the 25+ number. I currently have email addresses for a total of 27 orders, plus two people who expressed interest but have not emailed and not responded to the PM I sent letting them know that I needed an email address from them. In case they are confused, reading the thread, but not seeing PMs, those two people are mnx and EVEnthusiast.

I'm not going to be around a computer very much over the next 24 hours or so. I'll plan to submit the first list of everyone who has responded by the time I submit it either late tomorrow (Saturday, April 25) or early Sunday (April 26.) I'm sure I'll be able to submit an additional list after that, and will plan on doing so perhaps a week or ten days later. But I want to let FOBO get the first batch out to everyone who responded immediately as quickly as possible, so this should let FOBO start shipping on Monday.

Thanks to everyone who responded already.

And to anyone still thinking about it, you've still got time. Just post here if you want to, but most importantly PM me your email address for PayPal billing purposes, along with the quantity you want if you want more than one. If you don't include a quantity, I will assume you only want one unit.

Thanks!

@Andyw2100, thanks for organizing this. I didn't see anywhere in your instructions how we specify the color we want (black / silver). Does the deal price still allow us to choose, and how do we do it (tell you, or perhaps specify at time of actual order)?

@Andyw2100, thanks for organizing this. I didn't see anywhere in your instructions how we specify the color we want (black / silver). Does the deal price still allow us to choose, and how do we do it (tell you, or perhaps specify at time of actual order)?

You're welcome.

My contact and I did not talk about this explicitly, but I'm sure the plan is for each of us to just specify the color at the time of the order. They'll be sending the PayPal payment request, and will need each person's shipping address as well, so I imagine they will just collect the color for the order at that time.

These devices seem obviously visible. Is there anything to prevent someone from just seeing a $200 item on your car in a parking lot, unscrewing them, and walking away?

As I understand it there are a couple of anti-theft deterrents.

For starters, there is a way to install them that involves locking them on so that they can't just be unscrewed. This is optional. I'll post that video below.

Also the units that attach to each tire become "tied" to your account, so they would be useless to anyone else. (I realize thieves may not know that.)

If theft is a concern, I think locking the units in place, as the video below demonstrates, is probably the thing to do.

FOBO Lock Nut installation

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not going to be around a computer very much over the next 24 hours or so. I'll plan to submit the first list of everyone who has responded by the time I submit it either late tomorrow (Saturday, April 25) or early Sunday (April 26.) I'm sure I'll be able to submit an additional list after that, and will plan on doing so perhaps a week or ten days later. But I want to let FOBO get the first batch out to everyone who responded immediately as quickly as possible, so this should let FOBO start shipping on Monday.

I just submitted the initial list to my contact. It included a total of 30 orders from 24 different people. (Six people ordered two units.) I expect those of you on the list will start receiving PayPal payment requests on Monday, if not sooner. The name of the company that manufactures the FOBO Plus units is Salutica. I'm not sure exactly what the payment requests will look like, but I'm sure we will recognize them when we see them.

For anyone who did not send me their email address but still wants to order a FOBO Plus unit at the $179 price, which also includes express shipping, you still can. Please just state your interest in the thread, and send me your email address via PM, along with the number of units you would like to order. I'll send one more list of email addresses of those who wish to order in about ten days.

Thanks to everyone who participated in this group buy.

they don't stick out much at all - about ¼ of the sensor pokes out beyond the wheel, at an angle, and if you get wheel color sensors, they aren't very obvious. I don't bother with the locks - the locks make it more of a chore to adjust the pressure, which you will find yourself doing more often, because you know when it needs to be done! I'll take the chance that I have to replace them someday..

Interested, thanks for doing this. Details in PM

I just submitted the initial list to my contact. It included a total of 30 orders from 24 different people. (Six people ordered two units.) I expect those of you on the list will start receiving PayPal payment requests on Monday, if not sooner. The name of the company that manufactures the FOBO Plus units is Salutica. I'm not sure exactly what the payment requests will look like, but I'm sure we will recognize them when we see them.

For anyone who did not send me their email address but still wants to order a FOBO Plus unit at the $179 price, which also includes express shipping, you still can. Please just state your interest in the thread, and send me your email address via PM, along with the number of units you would like to order. I'll send one more list of email addresses of those who wish to order in about ten days.

Thanks to everyone who participated in this group buy.

Got the invoice and paid via paypal. They do not ask what color you want, so I suggest indicating such in the "NOTE" field when you make the paypal payment. I ordered two units and requested one in silver and one in black. Also, just to be safe, I provided the shipping address in the "NOTE" field.

Thanks for organizing this group buy.

Also provide them with your phone number in the "NOTE" field. I just got an email from the company stating that they need the phone number for fedex shipping. They indicated the items will be shipped to me by no latter than tomorrow (Monday).