Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Remember, Shell was the one oil company that supported California's landmark carbon/energy legislation, AB32. I'm reluctant to automatically paint all actions by oil & gas companies as negative to developing good climate change solutions.

I'm purely looking at this situation through the eyes of children. I have a 4 year old. Do I want my daughter to see LEGO toys that promote oil products in the toy aisle? No. Not if we are trying to teach our young ones the next wave of energy for our future.

So Shell can continue to "try" and help from behind the scenes, but not in my child's imagination.

I'm purely looking at this situation through the eyes of children. I have a 4 year old. Do I want my daughter to see LEGO toys that promote oil products in the toy aisle? No. Not if we are trying to teach our young ones the next wave of energy for our future.

So Shell can continue to "try" and help from behind the scenes, but not in my child's imagination.
Oh, I agree about the LEGO point. I was responding only to your ridiculing of the feasibility of "We need a sensible, balanced and intelligent debate with the oil industry"

Shell are smart. They are trying to transition in to an energy company, but still squeeze every dollar out of fossil fuels as long as they can. All business. You have to give them some respect for trying to transition.