Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good deal on a MP3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, I had been looking for a MP3- for the past few days black interior with white exterior and 19" wheels, but there had been nothing for a few days. My sales rep called me yesterday to let me know that one just popped up, but it was with the performance package and FSD with a December 2018 build and has 12 miles on it. It was too good of a deal to pass up (homelink included). I am trying to figure out if this car sat in a showroom? If it was forgotten about in inventory (probably not). Any ideas? And what should I be looking for when it is delivered next week?

I don't think there is anything to be concerned about different than any other new car or new Tesla. Its under warranty. Its covered from the day you sign for it. Anything it needs or goes wrong, they are going to fix it. We know that, even though you are getting in your first.

Like any new delivery, look for scratches, or paint that will need a touch up. Check the interior for fit and finish. The usual you would do. When you drive it the first time, leave the radio off and listen for any rattle or noise that otherwise you might if you were grinning to hard to hear. You'd rather catch something that first day than come back.

Welcome to the family and enjoy your wonderful EV.

I don't think there is anything to be concerned about different than any other new car or new Tesla. Its under warranty. Its covered from the day you sign for it. Anything it needs or goes wrong, they are going to fix it. We know that, even though you are getting in your first.

Like any new delivery, look for scratches, or paint that will need a touch up. Check the interior for fit and finish. The usual you would do. When you drive it the first time, leave the radio off and listen for any rattle or noise that otherwise you might if you were grinning to hard to hear. You'd rather catch something that first day than come back.

Welcome to the family and enjoy your wonderful EV.

Thanks, that's what I thought. I just sold my AWD to buy this, so I just wanted to make sure that there wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary from this car that seems to have been sitting around somewhere for 7 months.

That sounds like a reject to me. Still, a good deal. As others said, scrutinize it carefully. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Well for almost $5k+ discount, if one can live with defects it is amazing deal. Either way it won’t cost $5k to fix small things if there are any. Maybe it was just a car forgotten to be sold.

So it is amazing deal IMHO.

@OP - Make sure FSD is part of the MVPA.

Reactions: Akikiki
Well for almost $5k+ discount, if one can live with defects it is amazing deal. Either way it won’t cost $5k to fix small things if there are any. Maybe it was just a car forgotten to be sold.

So it is amazing deal IMHO.

@OP - Make sure FSD is part of the MVPA.

Ehhh. Not for me, but ok. I've taken bigger losses on troublesome cars because I don't want to deal with the hassle. As they say, "Sometimes the best deal you ever did was the deal you never did."

I'd certainly look at it - and if the 7 day return policy was still in effect, jump on it. With some luck, assuming it's a reject, it was something small and cosmetic and not more pervasive. Some of the delivery threads here have me very skeptical on rejects -- they're downright embarrassing for Tesla.

Ehhh. Not for me, but ok. I've taken bigger losses on troublesome cars because I don't want to deal with the hassle. As they say, "Sometimes the best deal you ever did was the deal you never did."

I'd certainly look at it - and if the 7 day return policy was still in effect, jump on it. With some luck, assuming it's a reject, it was something small and cosmetic and not more pervasive. Some of the delivery threads here have me very skeptical on rejects -- they're downright embarrassing for Tesla.

Being driven 12 miles; if it’s a reject then it’s a reject for cosmetic conditions on delivery itself since nobody is going to drive and return for 12 miles logically speaking. Maybe this was ordered for a customer and fell off the grid.

I certainly can relate to some ridiculously bad cars that should have never left the Tesla factory which made into hands of customers. I had got my car with scratches on center console but that was just before the year end rush.

Reactions: Akikiki