Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

Gen 2 slave charger and wiring

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is being requested here is the in car charger. Some older S's had 2-40amp capable for a total of 80amp AC charging capacity.

To the OP both chargers are the same, when my master stopped allowing full amperage, Tesla swapped it to the slave position, that was almost 3 years ago. My car can be dialed up to 80amps but only pulls 72 due to the fault. The swap cost me a lot less than a replacement.

I am sure you are right about needing some wiring, might consider pricing that out new if someone has a charger without it, probably a section of coolant hose too if retrofitting.

• Informative
Reactions: StealthP3D
What is being requested here is the in car charger. Some older S's had 2-40amp capable for a total of 80amp AC charging capacity.

To the OP both chargers are the same, when my master stopped allowing full amperage, Tesla swapped it to the slave position, that was almost 3 years ago. My car can be dialed up to 80amps but only pulls 72 due to the fault. The swap cost me a lot less than a replacement.

I am sure you are right about needing some wiring, might consider pricing that out new if someone has a charger without it, probably a section of coolant hose too if retrofitting.

The problem is if you do not aready have the dual charging setup you have to have Tesla program the slave unit as a slave before installing. If you get one that was pulled and already programmed you have a better chance of getting Tesla to turn on the dual charging. You cannot install 2 primary chargers. Yes they are the same part numbers but have to be programmed as to function In a master and slave setup.

• Informative
Reactions: SSedan