Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Geico won't insure 2008 Roadsters?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We talked to our primary insurance carrier which insures three of our family cars about adding our 2008 Roadster.

They told us due to the age of the vehicle, and difficulty getting parts, they are not able to add this car to our vehicle list.

Any suggestions?

We talked to our primary insurance carrier which insures three of our family cars about adding our 2008 Roadster.

They told us due to the age of the vehicle, and difficulty getting parts, they are not able to add this car to our vehicle list.

Any suggestions?

We use AAA, though renewal is soon and I hear that the rates are going up by a ton.

For such a low-volume vehicle, the insurance company will probably need to send the request off to be manually rated. It took about a week for Nationwide to get back to me with a quote, but they covered the car. This is a time when it's best to have an actual agent working for you.

I've had State Farm on all of my Roadsters and my Model S. Both of my 2011's were similar pricing, while my 2010 was easily 40% less. Not sure if there's a correlation there, or if the rates just dropped over time for me.

If you can't get GEICO to insure it, I'd definitely try State Farm.

AAA had to manually rate the 2008 Roadster and is charging me $486 per 6 months (we have 6 drivers with 4 kids, 6 cars and our home with them too). It is a lot more than other cars.

Located in St. Louis (average insurance rates on whole)

What are others being quoted?

Can't tell what is a good rate for the Roadster insurance.