Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fukuta supply role to Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be noted again and again, the motors are made in-house, but Tesla uses many suppliers for parts. The rotor is most likely made by Fukuta, but not the entire Drive-Unit, not the actual Stator which is a more sensitive part to build.

See that video start at 3m50s:

I say again: how much does the rear motor in a Tesla Model S or X car weigh? How much does the front motor in a Tesla Model S or X car weigh?

Do you know the answer or do you want med to look it up for you?
I say again Fukuta sell motors for ev super cars .... I have provide bills of lading showing motors shipped, Johna do you work or get paid by the Tesla Motors PR department, You have yet to offer any data. Rhetoric is not a great way of building a case.

My bill of lading data comes from the Port of Taiwan customs data and the Port of Long Beach.

Over and over again you offer nothing but rhetoric.

Kind regards,

Attachments

• fukuta-servo-ev.PNG
    fukuta-servo-ev.PNG
    315.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Servo-design.PNG
    Servo-design.PNG
    332.2 KB · Views: 55
I say again Fukuta sell motors for ev super cars .... I have provide bills of lading showing motors shipped, Johna do you work or get paid by the Tesla Motors PR department, You have yet to offer any data. Rhetoric is not a great way of building a case.

My bill of lading data comes from the Port of Taiwan customs data and the Port of Long Beach.

Over and over again you offer nothing but rhetoric.

Kind regards,

You can say that 1000s times more, it won't changes facts. Motors and drive units are made in-house in Fremont, CA.

Tesla do indeed buy parts from suppliers, they don't build the wires or rotors. Showing badly translated port documents showing parts being transited to Tesla doesn't show anything interesting at this point. Wait, Tesla doesn't build their windshields in-house, OMG the horror!... Come on.

EDIT: Bill (Avenger) did you place a reservation for your Model 3 ? You should before its too late :p

Okay that proves absolutely nothing. First of all, those shipments are to Deer Creek, not Fremont.

First one is two motors, fitting in a box 8" wide. So not drive train motors.

Second one is two motors and a bunch of parts. Same box size.

Third is one motor, again fitting in a box 8" wide.

These are SMALL motors. They are not drive train motors. This is a VERY SMALL quantity of them. They're probably being used in prototypes, or experiments, or to build some production equipment.

Avenger, this is complete nonsense. Please discontinue your bizarre fixation and stop spreading misinformation.

Reactions: chickensevil
Search for ac induction servo motor of the Port of Long Beach -
ac induction servo - Search Results

Number of pieces: 2 Weight: 2566kg

Can you not do basic math?
Also, you failed to answer my previous question. If, as you claim Fukuta does not ship motor parts, only complete motors, why do the BL's you posted show motor parts?

STACK,STATOR,MOTOR,JW STACK,ROTOR,KEYWAY (26 PLTS = 832 PCS)

Those are motor parts, in case you didn't understand that.

Reactions: Oil4AsphaultOnly
Can you not do basic math?
Also, you failed to answer my previous question. If, as you claim Fukuta does not ship motor parts, only complete motors, why do the BL's you posted show motor parts?

Those are motor parts, in case you didn't understand that.
Did you look at the information from Long Beach... if you were Elon Musk and wanted to keep Fukuta quiet you would do your best to hide the fact. Best regards... when a bubble is in full swing you can't change the dreamers who are participating.

Did you look at the information from Long Beach...

Of course, that's where I got the quotes from. Apparently you aren't even reading your own documents.

if you were Elon Musk and wanted to keep Fukuta quiet you would do your best to hide the fact. Best regards... when a bubble is in full swing you can't change the dreamers who are participating.

None of the documents you linked are at all current, so they all predate this "bubble". You clearly have no idea what the documents you keep posting actually say. Pretty obvious who the "dreamer" is.

Oh! So much fun!

Let's see... 2,566 kg for two motors. Even throwing away a huge amount in packaging... say 1/3rd... that's 1,710 kg. Each motor is 855 kg or 1,885 pounds. Hmm... that's pretty close to one of the major errors in the Hawkins paper, "Comparative Environmental Life Cycle Assessment of Conventional and Electric Vehicles." They "accidentally" modeled their environmental impact with a stationary cast iron industrial motor that almost outweighed the Nissan Leaf they were trying to approximate.

The lightest Model S (60 kWh) weight 1,961 kg or 4,323 pounds. These motors weight about 43% of that. The curb weight of the dual motor 60D is 2,085 kg, or 4,597 lbs. The entire additional weight for the additional motor, inverter, and wiring is 124 kg, or 274 pounds. This motor is 7 times heavier.

Of course, that's where I got the quotes from. Apparently you aren't even reading your own documents.
2016 Bills of ladings - tons and tons of ev motors - ;-)

None of the documents you linked are at all current, so they all predate this "bubble". You clearly have no idea what the documents you keep posting actually say. Pretty obvious who the "dreamer" is.

Attachments

• Tesla-early-Jan.PNG
    Tesla-early-Jan.PNG
    22.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Motors-from-Fukuta.PNG
    Motors-from-Fukuta.PNG
    22.4 KB · Views: 48
  • tsla-Fukuta.PNG
    tsla-Fukuta.PNG
    116 KB · Views: 54
  • Disagree
Reactions: hockeythug