Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is not at all anything official, just an open minded officer from Sweden informing themselves what FSD can do. Good PR on Tesla’s side, but Sweden as well as the rest of Europe depends on UNECE moving ahead and that will take years still Ian afraid.

Just before Rohan Patel quit, he posted that UNECE changes that will be implemented in November 2024 will not allow FSD V12 implementation in the EU region. Maybe Elon saw that post, went into one of his demon mode and fired Patel 😬

There is some differing opinions on whether the updated regulations allow system initiated actions without driver approval. Maybe an EU lawyer here can read the updated regulations and determine what’s what.

Fairly sure Tesla lawyers were involved in forming this opinion - I don't think this is Rohan's personal reading.
When Patel posted that, I immediately thought it was improper of him to post this in public.

There is always room for interpretation of the regulations and there should be negotiations with regulators on the correct interpretation. Patel should not have negotiated in public and showed his hand.

Anyway, water under the bridge and they seem to have taken the right approach now by giving FSD demos to regulators. Marc Van Impe is now the man to watch for!!

1714190496167.png

IMG_2990.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: replicant
When Patel posted that, I immediately thought it was improper of him to post this in public.

There is always room for interpretation of the regulations and there should be negotiations with regulators on the correct interpretation. Patel should not have negotiated in public and showed his hand.
My read was Tesla had been in negotiations and were disappointed with what they came up with. That disappointment and the reason he gave are Tesla's official position. Patel is too experienced to go off on such an important topic without internal consensus/approval.

Infact Patel might have been in charge of forming Tesla's stance on the issue and try to influence. If anything he may have been let go because he couldn't secure a favorable outcome.