Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
It surprised me today - reversing into a marked perpendicular spot at work, no cars next to it and it offered to park for me. Never seen that before. Did a good job too. 2020 Model S. 11.3.3
What you describe is actually not completely new. It sounds pretty much like the camera based Auto Park feature that became available in regular FSD, in 2022 I think. I used it occasionally and when it worked it was good, but perhaps a bit slow and sometimes required a couple of extra back and forth corrections.

In any case, this camera Auto Park seemed to disappear from the FSD beta software

I have a bug in 11.3.3 that won't let me engage randomly. It will flash the wheel like 10 times fast and if I hit it at the right time it will engage.

The best addition is the new creep. It's so smooth.
I had this happen with a previous version. As I recall there was a bug making the car think a door was open or ajar. Can you engage cruise control when this happens?

I got the update on all our cars this weekend. But I was out of town. Last night I finally got to drive 11.3.3. Simply a much improved version compared to anything we have had in the past since 10.3? no regressions that I can see at the moment.

Drove home from work and back this morning. I changed lanes twice on the way home and that was it for my trip. Didn't touch a thing coming to work this morning. No overrides, pedal taps, turn signal assists. I let the car do its thing and it did a good job. A little aggressive coming up on red lights but not a jerky stop. I went to change the following distance and found that gone and replaced with the Chill, average, aggressive modes. Maybe this will allow us to chill in the neighborhood, then quickly jump to aggressive out on the highway. Still balking at my residential stop signs 4ways and standard.

IT FINALY FIXED jumping into turn lanes I have been fighting since day one of using beta!! I have a long turn lane near my office and the car would endlessly try to run that lane every time I drove.

Looks like Autopilot team might have been busy releasing FSD Beta Occupancy Network / Tesla Vision Park Assist to a global audience. Teslascope 2023.6.9 and TeslaFi are now showing a bunch of new installs in Germany, UK, France, and many more countries.

Is this the first time any part of FSD Beta technology has gone wider than North America? Maybe this helps make some progress towards FSD Beta 11.x globally too?

Is this the first time any part of FSD Beta technology has gone wider than North America? Maybe this helps make some progress towards FSD Beta 11.x globally too?

Probably the first time it's gone wide to the public outside of NA. But we know that Tesla has been testing FSD V11 internally globally since last year. Teslascope broke the news about single-stack being tested by employees in the UK in December:

• Informative
Reactions: DanCar and jebinc
I did my first drives today on 11.3.3. Man some of the behaviors are just amazing. I especially like how it is now decelerating to 0 very gradually and human like instead of bashing the brake at the end.

However I also experienced the same downright horrible lane choice behaviors also.

I have to make a left turn at a signal where there are two left turn lanes. Car appropriately signals and shows the tentacle going to the far left turning lane and begins moving towards it. I am not the first one entering this turn and it is in a fairly busy street with at least 2-3 cars ahead on both turn lanes. Abruptly as the car is finishing getting into the far left turn lane it suddenly, totally unexpectedly tries to change its mind and go into the right left turn lane while others are in both lanes behind me. I had to rapidly disengage and find my way into a lane. Really embarrassing and behavior that it hasn't done in a long time.

Also I missed at least 2 exits today on the highway. Map data wasnt the problem. Just the car being lazy in getting into the appropriate lane in time and getting in trouble when there was a line of cars getting ready to exit. And now that I don't have lane confirmation anymore I couldn't predict when it was going to try to make the lane change leading to me missing the exit. I made like 3-4 voice note messages in one 20 min drive. Usually I'm very relaxed driving FSD and find it useful. This is very much a Jekyll and Hyde situation learning fsd all over again.
I did notice on the highway that it likes to stay out of the right lane. (Mostly because the car tells you it’s changing lanes to avoid the right lane). If I’m not on top of it, I think I probably would have missed an exit or two yesterday due to cars filling up the right lane. I would hit the signal and change lanes back to right.

The option to minimal lane changes this drive helped with that, but you have to set it for every drive.

Last edited:
FWIW did my first 11.3.3 drive this morning--- 3 disengagements on a ~20 minute local-roads drive- two of them for safety reasons.

First it tried to pass a stopped schoolbus with its stop sign out and lights on

Second it stopped at a red light, was in lane that went both straight or could turn right... light changed to display a green RIGHT arrow but was still RED for forward. Car tried to go straight forward (which was the correct routing but would've been running a red light)

Third time was a UPL car was being too hesitant about, it probably would've eventually done it if I'd waiting around through enough light cycles and it got a good gap though.

Issue 3 I'm used to... issue 1 I've never run into on FSDb as I rarely drive near school buses anyway based on time/location so no idea if this is a regression or not... item 2 was definitely a "first time it did something that bad" for me though.

Haven't gotten to try on highway yet.

I’m starting to think that manually checking puts you at the back of the queue.
Yeah. No.

I checked Saturday at 15:00 and when I went to go play Sunday morning, I had the update pushed. The manual check means nothing in my experience. Last update I was pssd at @FSDtester#1 for gloating me into checking, and got it that night pushed. One before that, it was available on a check.