Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Disappeared

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I have a 2021 Model X Performance. I bought it last year, used. The car has full self driving capability. I entered the FSD Beta queue in April 2022, and I kept my Safety Score high, but I didn't get FSD Beta until everyone got it in December 2022.

Now, more recently, it disappeared. Autopilot is still there. I tried "powering off" the car to reboot it. Still gone. I can't tell if this happened after the last update, which was 2023.2.10, or after the FSD recall- they both occurred about the same time. It's been almost a month. No FSD Beta.

Has this happened to others after the recall?

Hello,

I have a 2021 Model X Performance. I bought it last year, used. The car has full self driving capability. I entered the FSD Beta queue in April 2022, and I kept my Safety Score high, but I didn't get FSD Beta until everyone got it in December 2022.

Now, more recently, it disappeared. Autopilot is still there. I tried "powering off" the car to reboot it. Still gone. I can't tell if this happened after the last update, which was 2023.2.10, or after the FSD recall- they both occurred about the same time. It's been almost a month. No FSD Beta.

Has this happened to others after the recall?
Nope. Did you have any strikes?

If you have FSD beta then it shouldn’t have updated to 2023.2.10 because that’s not an FSD beta version.

Someone must have turned off FSD beta which caused the car to update to the latest non-beta software. And now with the recall no one can re-enroll for beta if it was not already enabled.

• Helpful
Reactions: GSP
Yes, I was in the Beta queue, I got it with everyone else in Dec. 2022. It was beta. But, I did open a service ticket.
Since you are on a later software build than the current FSDb, for whatever reason, you will need to wait for a new FSDb version to be released that is a later software version than what you have. You should request FSD beta if you have not done so yet, then wait until a new version of FSD beta is released with a software version later than 2023.2.10. In the meantime, do not install any new software unless it is older than the current FSD beta.

Tesla will not downgrade your software, so you have to wait. Your service ticket will likely be closed without action because service does not get into FSD beta access issues. Nonetheless, they will not downgrade your car so that you can get FSD beta. You will have to wait.

• Helpful
Reactions: GSP
Go into the vehicle settings and then tap on software. Does the vehicle show "Full self driving" under autopilot package? Did the car come with the full self drving package or did you subscribe to FSD after purchasing from CarMax? There are only so many scenarios that could have happened here for you to lose FSD beta.

1) Someone opted out of the FSD beta
2) There were strikes and Tesla removed the vehicle from FSD Beta
3) The FSD subscription or package was removed from the vehicle making it ineligable to participate in FSD beta.

I have never heard of the FSD beta being removed for another reason. The recall doesn't remove vehicles from FSD beta it is just preventing new users from opting into the program until the issues are corrected (most likely with a future update of FSD beta).

• Informative
Reactions: Thp3
…FSD travels with the car, not the driver…
FSD doesn’t travel with the driver, but as mentioned, there are a few edge cases where it doesn’t travel with the car for long. The most obvious two are where it was legally removed by Tesla or where it wasn’t legally purchased. We’ve seen Tesla belatedly remove FSD from cars they owned. Tesla also could/should remove FSD from someone who wins a settlement for a refund on FSD with a payment claim or in small claims court. But the obvious culprit would be an employee car with free FSD sold to Carmax. It would take Tesla a bit to figure out the car wasn’t owned by an employee anymore, then poof, no more FSD.

Go into the vehicle settings and then tap on software. Does the vehicle show "Full self driving" under autopilot package? Did the car come with the full self drving package or did you subscribe to FSD after purchasing from CarMax? There are only so many scenarios that could have happened here for you to lose FSD beta.

1) Someone opted out of the FSD beta
2) There were strikes and Tesla removed the vehicle from FSD Beta
3) The FSD subscription or package was removed from the vehicle making it ineligable to participate in FSD beta.

I have never heard of the FSD beta being removed for another reason. The recall doesn't remove vehicles from FSD beta it is just preventing new users from opting into the program until the issues are corrected (most likely with a future update of FSD beta).
Hello,

I will attach my pages and you can see what I have. It says FSD is an included package.

Attachments

• 0E176AD2-7442-4BC3-9442-5CA6DF449CA3.jpeg
    0E176AD2-7442-4BC3-9442-5CA6DF449CA3.jpeg
    395.4 KB · Views: 327
  • E6633071-F678-48B5-8D19-956728B2D30F.jpeg
    E6633071-F678-48B5-8D19-956728B2D30F.jpeg
    376.5 KB · Views: 186
  • F028B5DF-6894-4332-9F2C-E6BC24D135B6.jpeg
    F028B5DF-6894-4332-9F2C-E6BC24D135B6.jpeg
    207.1 KB · Views: 184
  • Informative
Reactions: Krash
Hello,

I will attach my pages and you can see what I have. It says FSD is an included package.
Yes, so you have FSD. So if you had FSD beta the vehicle was either opted out or Tesla removed the vehicle from the beta due to too many strikes.

With that said, since the software was updated you will not likely get back into the beta until the beta is on a later version of the software.

Currently 11.3.1 (not widely released at time of writing) is on 2022.45.10

Sorry don't have better news. Hopefully at some point soon the two versions will merge and this will not longer be an issue